airchecks-jingles and history

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Postby wireless-dude » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:17 pm

Well for what it is worth---Iam a newbie to this board stuff, but from what I have seen it seems to be a good arena for those of like interests to share ideas etc--I have a meager collection of Seattle area and UK pirate airchecks and jingles, I would and could post an occasional bit on the board--but also if anyone out there is a trader of such we maybe could hook-up--let me know!
wireless-dude

Postby radiofan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:31 pm

Welcome aboard wireless

What era are your Seattle airchecks from?

I kick myself for not airchecking Seattle and Vancouver stuff in the 60's and 70's. I have lots of 80's and 90's from both markets, any older stuff would be more than welcome here.

I still have lots of KJR and KOL jingles to post here plus printed promo items etc.

I like to add a bit every now and then to keep the site fresh.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby wireless-dude » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:51 pm

AH yes if only I had recorded more from the 60's--back in the day as you probably recall, the Seattle and Vancouver markets nicely overlapped--you could flip on your AMer and listen to a whole slew of great radio stations on both sides of the border with little or no interference--a very cool time--back in the day my recording option was a very tired r to r unit, and I do not know what ever became of the tapes--
wireless-dude

Postby VancouverTopFortyRadio » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:55 pm

By now you've probably discovered here the many jingle montages compiled by this site's administrator. You'll also find additional jingles at various places on my site which I invite you to browse at the link below.

Jim
Vancouver "Top Forty" Radio
VancouverTopFortyRadio
Advanced Member

Postby wireless-dude » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:44 pm

A big thanks for the lead to your site--I only had a bit of time to look tonight, but Iam sure that I will enjoy the jingles and survey stuff--Iam just a touch older than you are-I just turned 59! --Thanks again
wireless-dude

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:31 pm

you're a youngster wireless

dont ask sykes his age as its off the geezer meter
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)