CJOR becomes CHRX plus...

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Postby radiofan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:06 am

To mark the 18th anniversary of the end of CJOR [September 2, 1988], here's an aircheck of the final 15 minutes of CJOR with Fanny Kiefer, Don Wall, George Madden, Neil Soper and others .. followed by Bob Morris' launch of Classic Rock CHRX!
CJOR becomes CHRX Click Here

Also ... the final 25 minutes of THE HOT LINE. MICHAEL LEVY was guest hosting for the vacationing PAT BURNS. PAT is on the phone line with MICHAEL talking to callers. There's also a guest appearance from CJOR Sports Talk host DAN RUSSELL.
Michael Levy & Pat Burns Final Hot Line Click Here

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:05 pm

radiofan wrote: To mark the 18th anniversary of the end of CJOR [September 2, 1988], here's an aircheck of the final 15 minutes of CJOR with Fanny Kiefer, Don Wall, George Madden, Neil Soper and others .. followed by Bob Morris' launch of Classic Rock CHRX!
CJOR becomes CHRX Click Here

Also ... the final 25 minutes of THE HOT LINE. MICHAEL LEVY was guest hosting for the vacationing PAT BURNS. PAT is on the phone line with MICHAEL talking to callers. There's also a guest appearance from CJOR Sports Talk host DAN RUSSELL.
Michael Levy & Pat Burns Final Hot Line Click Here

RF, thanks for these.

Hearing Levy reminds me of when the staff learned of the format change. He was filling in for the holidaying Barrie Clark and I was on the board, filling in for Curtis Lowes. Barrie came into the building to see George Madden - he wanted a definitive answer whether the rumours of a change were true. Michael went to me on the intercom to be sure to let him know what was happening with Barrie and George. Not long later, someone burst into the control room was said it was all true, the format was changing and we were being let go in September.

I went into the hall to get the goods for Mr. Levy and things were in an absolute tizzy. Talk show producers were in tears. I was so busy talking with people I completely forgot about my opping that I ended up missing a commercial break. Michael didn't seem to mind.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:44 pm

Oh how I miss that station, what a cool mix. You'll never hear an album cut like "If You Can't Rock Me" by the Stones on ROCK 101 these days.
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Re: CJOR becomes CHRX plus...

Postby radiofan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 am

Today is the 22nd anniversary .. why not bring the thread back one more time!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)