A legend among us

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Postby johnsykes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:26 pm

I'm told that onetime Montreal radio great Dave Boxer is living on the west coast. Anyone know of his whereabouts? Dave once was one of the top personalities with CFCF and CKGM in Montreal in the 60's and 70's.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:55 pm

And in today's history Click Here you'll find Dave Boxer's Top 60 Like Young Hit Chart from 41 years ago today, January 21, 1966.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Flash Frizbone » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:12 am

I don't know about Dave Boxer but I'd like to thank John Sykes for voicing a Mr Aircheck Radio ID for me..sandwiched in between two delightful CFOX jingles from the golden days of Top 40 Radio..you are "ready" baby!
Flash Frizbone
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:09 pm

johnsykes wrote: I'm told that onetime Montreal radio great Dave Boxer is living on the west coast. Anyone know of his whereabouts? Dave once was one of the top personalities with CFCF and CKGM in Montreal in the 60's and 70's.

I remember Dave Boxer from the Beatle invasion of the Montreal Forum :)

All his on air pleading fell on deaf ears, or certainly there after from the screams of young girls looking at John, Paul, George and Ringo.

I could be wrong in memory of this, however I think his last name had man on the end of it... perhaps that can help you.
PMC

Postby johnsykes » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:22 am

PMC, you have one great memory....Dave's last name indeed is Boxerman.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Re: A legend among us

Postby BossRadio » Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:07 am

This took a while to be answered.( 2007 post. New record for longest info-gap on RadioWest?).
The late Montreal radio legend Dave Boxer(man) ran a deli after he came to Vancouver, and it came with a side of tunes. RIP to the Daddio on the Raddio.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/dave-boxer- ... -1.6953623
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Return to General Radio News