CFVR Abbotsford - Ken Legg - 1992

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

CFVR Abbotsford - Ken Legg - 1992

Postby albertaboy4life » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:28 am

From the RadioWest aircheck archives -

Ken Legg hosting the afternoon show including the 5 and 5:30 pm editions of Information PM with news and sports from Susan Acheson, commentary from Richard Dettman, and Christina reports on traffic.

CFVR became CKMA 85 Radio Max in 1994 eventually moving 107.1 FM where it remains today as CKQC.

https://soundcloud.com/westernbroadcast ... rch-3-1992

Additions, corrections, etc. are most welcomed.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Re: CFVR Abbotsford - Ken Legg - 1992

Postby jon » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:50 pm

Wonder if he is related to the legendary ("late great") Ron (Keg) Legge, one of the early Top 40 DJs in Winnipeg, as well as other stops in a long career.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby DonovanTildesley » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Wow, Richard Dettman's voice has really not changed since this 1992 aircheck! I only discovered CFVR about a year later, and remember many of the names and voices, although I think Ken Legge may have been gone by then. Rock Shannon Fraser was mentioned here as the morning host, but I only ever remember Roy Hapley doing this shift. I believe Rock was (or later became) the PD, and stayed through the 85 Radio Max format flip. He insisted that the Oldies jocks change their on-air names, so Glen Slingerland became Jake Rider, Robby Peal was "Rockin" Robby Peal, and Bruce MacArthurh went by "The General" or "General Mac". Looking back, CFVR reminds me of a small town version of CKNW; heavy on news and community-focussed with music to bridge the gaps. What was the reason for the flip to Oldies in 1994?
DonovanTildesley
Advanced Member

Postby legger » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Hey Donavan, Ken Legg here .. Yes.. Legg no e on the end ..lol.. Really cool listening to that . Brings back a lot of memories .. I left CFVR In 1994 , not my own doing . They company was in dissaray and downsizing . They decided I was part of that plan . Moved on to CJCI in Prince Geoge .. country station .. Did afternoon drive for 4 years and themn moved into sales for 14 years ..

Out of the biz now . and enjoying life on vancouve island . Had a really interesting 30 year career. !!

Cheers, :)
legger

Postby legger » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:20 pm

Jon .. no relation to Ron Legge .. I have heard many stories about him ..lol..
legger

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)