Numeris Radio Diary for the Fall 2019 reporting period

Radio News from British Columbia

Numeris Radio Diary for the Fall 2019 reporting period

Postby Doug » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:43 am

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update now that the fall 2019 radio diary reporting period has wrapped and Numeris is likely putting the finishing touches on beautifying the final PDF product. ;)

Got tapped to participate in this reporting period, although I had no terrestrial radio listening for the given week (only 2-3 days of some Spotify listening, which I noted). I opted in to the digital survey, which Numeris heavily promoted on their telephone invitation to me. Downside was they reduced the gratuity from $5 to $2 per participant. Having said that, it's been a few years since I've done the radio survey as I normally get tapped for the television survey so it's possible the radio survey only pays $2 and never paid $5 per participant. I thought that was kind of cheap, especially considering they can basically bill whatever they want to the radio ad sales subsidiaries of the major radio and TV station owners. ;)

Having said that, I seemed to manage to get through their copious shopping habit questions a lot more quickly in digital versus paper form!

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Re: Numeris Radio Diary for the Fall 2019 reporting period

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 pm

It was just the end of reporting for you. There is no longer an 8 week fall/spring ratings period for diary markets. There's continuous measurement and data released based on rolling averages.

https://www.numeriscanada.com/radio_dia ... rement_en/
Aaron
Advanced Member

Re: Numeris Radio Diary for the Fall 2019 reporting period

Postby Doug » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:17 am

Aaron wrote:It was just the end of reporting for you. There is no longer an 8 week fall/spring ratings period for diary markets. There's continuous measurement and data released based on rolling averages.

https://www.numeriscanada.com/radio_dia ... rement_en/

Oh, interesting!

I wonder if this has made the numbers more, or less, accurate? I'd tend to think the latter, since the sample size is smaller.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia