Kerry Marshall passes

Radio News from British Columbia

Kerry Marshall passes

Postby Russ_Byth » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:44 am

This will come as a shock to those who didn't know he was sick. Veteran Vancouver broadcaster Kerry Marshall has passed away after a brief battle with cancer. I had the pleasure of working in the same building with this gentleman when he, along with Larry and Willie moved to Ash St.
Those who knew him better will have more to say, but my thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time.
Rest In Peace Kerry.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Re: Kerry Marshall passes

Postby radiofan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 am

Sad news indeed. Another one gone way too soon.

Here's a pic of Kerry at the April 2019 RPM Lunch.

Carol Thorbes and Kerry Marshall

R.I.P. Kerry
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Although I didn't know Kerry well - I loved him on the air, and he was such a lovely fellow. We would visit at the RPM get togethers and it was great. Ted Wendland and I were chatting with him at the last one...and now he's gone. Condolences to PATTI, his Family and his many friends. This hurts. He left us far too young.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:56 pm

Roundhouse Radio 98.3 FM launch. TDM, Red Robinson, Keith Solinsky, Martin Strong, Kerry Marshall, Margaret Garrison. October 2015 (opened with Sarah McLachlan).

Thanks to Margaret Garrison and Campbell McCubbin for sharing this!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks for the pix, RF.

Kerry was liked and respected by the youngsters in the business who knew him. At least, the ones who've talked to me.

Being aged and decrepit, my mind is withering away, but wasn't Kerry one of the people stuck doing that "U's News" parody newscast that lasted for about a month on the Vancouver Show on CKVU? Or was it Doc?

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia