Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 8

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 8

Postby radiofan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1979 ... Marc Jordan and "Generalities" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-9ETBUU63c

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 8

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:29 am

Thank you radiofan. I had forgotten how fine this one was. It was way over the heads of most contemporary hit radio listeners then but today, you could drop this into the rotation of any jazz fm station and it wouldn’t seem at all dated nor out of place. Very Steely Dan-esque.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 8

Postby jon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:41 am

I don't remember remembering (if you'll pardon the expression) Marc Jordan's name until he released the CD Make Believe Ballroom in 2004. I had heard "Marina del Rey", of course, but never picked up on his name.

Bought Make Believe Ballroom for "Shot Down My Heart", which I think was the cut that got decent airplay here in Edmonton. The rest of the CD was great, too, so I may be confused as I immediately recognize the titles of two other cuts 15 years later, which means I must have really liked them, too, from playing the CD.

Marc is 70 now and put out his most recent CD in 2013. I was going to say "last" but that has unintended meaning.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day