Golden West gets approval for Cochrane Country FM

Radio news from Alberta

Golden West gets approval for Cochrane Country FM

Postby radiofan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm

From Dan Sys' Canadian Radio News...

Golden West Broadcasting got the go ahead today to convert 100 watt CFIT-1 91.5 in Cochrane, Alberta (currently a rebroadcaster of CFIT 106.1 Airdrie) to a 10,000 watt local stand-alone Country station. Antenna height will be 118.1 metres with a directional radiation pattern. Cochrane is about 13 miles (20 km's) northwest of Calgary.
With today's approval Golden West will now operate 5 1/2 stations around the perimeter of Calgary. Cochrane 91.5, CFIT 106.1 Airdrie, CHRB 1140, CFXO 99.7, & CKUV 100.9 in High River-Okotoks, and a 49% interest in CKOV 104.5 Strathmore (Clear Sky Radio owns the other 51%).

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
User avatar
Advanced Member
Posts: 9558
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Pitt Meadows

Return to Alberta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests