Coast to Coast Moves to Roundhouse Radio and AM 1150 Kelowna

Radio News from British Columbia

Coast to Coast Moves to Roundhouse Radio and AM 1150 Kelowna

Postby jon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:17 pm

New Canadian Affiliates
December 19, 2017

C2C is excited to announce our new affiliates in several Canadian cities: CIRH in Vancouver (starting 12/25), CFRB in Toronto (starting 1/1/18), and CFKR in Kelowna (starting 1/15/18). We are looking to replace several other markets in Canada, where there has been a switch-up. Stay tuned for further announcements.
ref. - https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ ... affiliates
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Coast to Coast Moves to Roundhouse Radio and AM 1150 Kel

Postby Jim Walters » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:01 pm

This should get Roundhouse some PPM numbers. With RHR's limited signal, I'm thinking it would make good sense for CKPM in Port Moody and Pulse FM in Surrey to also add C2C and they'd pretty much have the entire Vancouver market covered.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby kal » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Hoping for something other than RHR. I listen on my trusty Grundig G8. Can't get CFAX on it, can't get RHR on it. Can get KGO but it doesn't run C2C live. Still hoping for an AM station as I like scrolling between these presets on AM: CBC, AM 730, KGO, CKNW, News 1130, KFBK.
kal
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:22 pm

KGMI 790 in Bellingham runs Coast live and is pretty listenable most nights. KGMI is also on KISM 92.9 HD-2.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Coolcat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:27 pm

This must be a joke, most American stations heard in Vancouver have a better signal than RHR. Not sure what the thought is around this, there are a lot better options with signals that actually reach beyond Nanaimo Street.
Coolcat
Advanced Member

Postby Richard Skelly » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Funny, I was just thinking of suggesting my Kelowna nephew start listening, but didn’t know if Coast aired in that city.

There’s an old saying in real estate that “The first offer is often the best offer.” The same can’t be said of other fields...such as radio syndication sales. Now maybe Roundhouse told Coast staff something unknown to the public, that a signal boost is pending. If not, then someone at Coast was way too eager to sign a deal. Noory’s network staff should have taken its time and waited for a better offer.

Listeners outside of Roundhouse’s tiny catchment area should find an online stream or try, in varying degrees of signal strength, KIRO 97.3, CFAX 1070 or KGMI 790.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Richard Skelly wrote:
There’s an old saying in real estate that “The first offer is often the best offer.” The same can’t be said of other fields...such as radio syndication sales. Now maybe Roundhouse told Coast staff something unknown to the public, that a signal boost is pending. If not, then someone at Coast was way too eager to sign a deal. Noory’s network staff should have taken its time and waited for a better offer.

CIRH would have made a deal with Bell Media, not CTC directly. Bell Media, in turn, likely sell national spots based on market clearance, not ratings.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby Richard Skelly » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Whoa! Are you saying Bell Media controls Coast broadcast rights for Canada?

Always thought C2C or its parent network negotiated on a case by case basis.

If Bell is calling the shots across Canada, perhaps NW never had a chance to re-up. The plot thickens.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Indeed.

http://www.orbytmedia.com/Program.aspx? ... GE%20NOORY

It's why it's on 1070 Victoria, 1150 Kelowna, and 1010 Toronto -- All Bell Media Stations. It's not on 1410 Vancouver because they're already running their own syndicated programming in the same time-slot. This is all direct revenue, not ratings.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 am

jon wrote:New Canadian Affiliates
December 19, 2017

C2C is excited to announce our new affiliates in several Canadian cities: CIRH in Vancouver (starting 12/25), CFRB in Toronto (starting 1/1/18), and CFKR in Kelowna (starting 1/15/18). We are looking to replace several other markets in Canada, where there has been a switch-up. Stay tuned for further announcements.
ref. - https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ ... affiliates

LOL! That's the overnight radio show that I was reminded of when I watched a rather lower key, indie, somewhat "dark" movie starring Robin Williams a number of years ago where he played one of those overnight radio broadcasters. Great movie, great program but not a fan of George Noory, his voice puts me to sleep but maybe that's the idea!?

OOOHHH!!! Eye of the Tiger is just playing on Beach Radio 103.1...one of the best older songs! (I think I may have mentioned that on here before actually!)

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Postby Richard Skelly » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:31 pm

George Noory was never scintillating. But he’s definitely lowered his personality wattage greatly in recent years.

In my view, Noory stretches himself thin with personal appearances on the quartz-crystal convention circuit, plus a few official Coast “variety shows” where well-known radio guests join him onstage. He loves the variety performances since it lets him channel his inner Mel Torme by singing a few songs with a pickup band.

I do love his endless quest to appear apolitical while parading an endless gaggle of commentators in the tank for Trump. The paranormal radio gods have gleefully punished George for perhaps singlehandedly elevating conspiracist Alex Jones to national prominence. Until his appearances on Coast, Jones was pretty much a nobody. Now he’s on Trump’s speed dial. Yet Noory, who arguably created Alex Jones, can’t get the time of day from The Donald. This is odd since Coast’s audience likely surpasses Jones’ by a substantial margin.

I snicker every time I hear George Noory lament “We’d love to have the President on with us...and we’re looking into that.”

Maybe George should add The Twelth Of Never to his crooner’s repertoire.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 pm

I'm always surprised any guest is still on the line after one of George's "short" breaks at the top or bottom of the hour.

Lately most breaks are running 12 to 14 minutes. The worst is the top of the hour when George does the "plug" for his upcoming appearances along with a hefty promo for "Coast Insiders" and/or George's Paranormal Dating sites. Often he'll then toss in a 2 minute spot for one of vitamins or george's Beets. Then comes the official 2 minute break. All the sudden it's 13 or 14 past the hour and the guest is back until :28.

The show is quickly becoming a four hour infomercial.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Thu May 10, 2018 12:39 am

In June, George Norry is supposed to be in Vancouver for a live panel.

Wonder what he will think if he tries to hear Coast to Coast in this major Canadian market?

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Sun May 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Tell 'em to listen to Roundhouse Radio !

BUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAHAHAHAHA !
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia