another weird radio coming through

Radio News from Saskatchewan

another weird radio coming through

Postby SKradiophile » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:46 pm

In the last week or so, my receiver picks up the usual AM stations-WBBM, WCCO but now before 8 am Sask time and also in the evening, I can hear the traffic station from the lower mainland at 710 on my dial. One more oddity-I literally have to not move anywhere my near radio if I want to hear with no interference, the Saskatoon CBC 2 station 94.1
SKradiophile
Advanced Member

Re: another weird radio coming through

Postby radiofan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 pm

SKradiophile wrote:In the last week or so, my receiver picks up the usual AM stations-WBBM, WCCO but now before 8 am Sask time and also in the evening, I can hear the traffic station from the lower mainland at 710 on my dial. One more oddity-I literally have to not move anywhere my near radio if I want to hear with no interference, the Saskatoon CBC 2 station 94.1

The all traffic station is actually on 730. I'm surprised you're not getting CKDM from Dauphin. 730 in Vancouver has been operating with a different pattern since the fire at their TX site last July.

Similarly, 630 CHED in Edmonton has been operating with a different patter the past few months. CHED was seldom heard here in the Lower Mainland, but for the past few months they are a regular catch
here almost 24/7. I've had them mid afternoon several times with a signal as strong as local CISL 650. Years ago, CHED had to protect CKOV in Kelowna and CKRC in Winnipeg, but those stations both moved
to FM, so I assume IC has loosened the requirements for CHED.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Saskatchewan