Calgary PPM February 27, 2012 - May 27, 2012

Calgary PPM ratings 12+

Calgary PPM February 27, 2012 - May 27, 2012

Postby radiofan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:22 am

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Calgary PPM February 27, 2012 - May 27, 2012

Postby pave » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:52 am

I'm willing to speculate that in this market, as in so many others, a state of equilibrium has been reached. The format changes have all had their chances at penetration, if not domination, and all have failed miserably. To my knowledge, there are no new players on the horizon with even a rat's-ass clue as to how to go about winning. But what the hell - there may be a couple of bucks yet in running an anemic operation. Calling the resultant drek "radio" is still an embarrassment to the industry.

"XL is the biggest disappointment. They have a format and a target audience that could be showing in the mid 'teens 12+ and commanding half the adult audience. But, no. They approach with a combination of Top-40 mechanics, a restricted playlist, and sophomoric personalities. This is as much about the station's formatics and may or may not be a comment about the potentials of the personalities currently on board. After all, zey are only following orders undt traditions. Ya?
pave
Advanced Member

Re: Calgary PPM February 27, 2012 - May 27, 2012

Postby i2thesky » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Judging by CHFM:s numbers returning to their glory days of the nineties, looks like a lot of people checked out other stations and returned to an old favorite. It's always the stations that stick to their guns and don't try trendy things that have the most consistent ratings year after year. CKRY dropped down to 6th or 7th at one time now back in the the top 4. I am however surprised at Amp radio's showing, highest to date. What are they doing right? Never listen to that station so I couldn't tell you. They must have good personalities, a local presence and a good PD.
i2thesky
Advanced Member

Return to Calgary PPM May 30, 2022 - August 28,2022