Can-Con 45 Of The Day - April 17

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - April 17

Postby radiofan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1981 ... Carole Pope and Rough Trade and "All Touch" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3NyK8gRQI

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - April 17

Postby Richard Skelly » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:28 am

I’ve read a couple of Facebook items about Carole Pope dealing with health issues. All the best to a unique voice in Canadian music history.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - April 17

Postby paterson » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 am

I wonder if Carole Pope is still living in NYC or if she has moved back here. She usually performs at concerts and pride events in the summer months. Carole is now 72 and I wasn't aware that she was born in England and grew up in Canada.

All Touch was a decent hit reaching #12 nationally and top #5 on various radio charts around the country. This was the only Rough Trade song to have any real impact or airplay on commercial US radio. All Touch reached to number 58 on Billboard and also a minor hit in Australia. 1981 was a good year chart wise for Canadian music as top 40 radio here embraced New Wave, and various new artists from across the country had airplay with this genre of music and style.

All the best to Carole and hopefully her health improves, and we see her back performing again this summer.
paterson
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day