Can-Con 45 Of The Day - November 12

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - November 12

Postby radiofan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1974, Joni Mitchell and "Free Man In Paris" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQj6h8KpkiQ

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - November 12

Postby Richard Skelly » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:01 pm

I was studying in Montreal in 1974. During the summer, Joni did an outdoor concert opened by French chanseuse Veronique Sanson. A memorable double bill because Ms. Sanson's then husband, Stephen Stills, clambered up onto the midfield sound board to ensure audio techs made his wife's en francaise vocals shine.

Joni absolutely slayed as she ran through old favourites and almost every track from Court And Spark. Tom Scott and The L.A. Express backed her up. Free Man In Paris was even more majestic than on vinyl. And it was Robben Ford, during Raised On Robbery, who replicated Robbie Robertson's studio guitar riffs. (Joni, Tom and the L.A. Express subsequently issued a double live album, gathered during the tour, Miles Of Aisles.)

While waiting for Joni to start, I chanced upon a pair of female high school classmates I hadn't seen since we graduated Richmond High on Lulu Island two years earlier. Like me, they were expanding their understanding of Canada by visiting La Belle Province.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day