Can-Con 45 Of The Day - September 11

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - September 11

Postby Bazza333 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Thank you for sharing NEW YORK IS CLOSED TONIGHT. It has many memories. Writing it, recording it, and performing it. I still enjoy the song. Barry Greenfield barrygreenfield@shaw.ca
Bazza333

Postby isthisthingon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Bazza333 wrote:Thank you for sharing NEW YORK IS CLOSED TONIGHT. It has many memories. Writing it, recording it, and performing it. I still enjoy the song. Barry Greenfield barrygreenfield@shaw.ca

Great song, great album - by a nice young man! :cheers:
isthisthingon
Advanced Member

Postby Firedog » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:31 pm

I agree with you, Hagopian, that New York Is Closed Tonight is a fitting Can Con choice for today.

My son was working at the Vancouver International Airport on 9/11 as one of the many ground crews that handled dozens of aircraft diverted to Vancouver when airspace over the United States was closed. He stated that they were parking planes anywhere they could find space. As Canadians, I think we should be proud how Canada stepped up to the plate to help our American friends on that unforgettable day.
We are running in, when everybody else is running out.
Firedog
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Those down here haven't forgotten the role that Canadian's played on the day and the days that followed and they are grateful. If you want to seek out anything good that came out of this, I believe it helped cement an even more solid relationship and reinforced the respect we hold with our closest neighbors.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:37 pm

I echo comments by my pal NS and others. 9/11 showed Canadians and Americans starkly, that we are Family. We live on the same big piece of land, and sure, we have our differences. I have always said - you will notice that when there is a disaster, the Americans are the first to offer help.

Their fire crews work with ours and our fire teams will head south, at the drop of a hat.

It is a day that we should all think hard and long about what the word FREEDOM means.
God Bless America.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Bazza333 wrote:Thank you for sharing NEW YORK IS CLOSED TONIGHT. It has many memories. Writing it, recording it, and performing it. I still enjoy the song. Barry Greenfield barrygreenfield@shaw.ca

Welcome to the board Barry! I loved this song 40 years ago when we first played it at CFMI and it sounds as good today! In the next few months I'll post "Sweet America".
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day