McCurdy SS4370 Needs a new (more caring) home!

Looking for Radio equipment? Got stuff for sale or trade maybe even giveaway .. . Need help with a project??

McCurdy SS4370 Needs a new (more caring) home!

Postby TysonB » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:46 pm

Hi all, and thanks for the join,

I found this forum while researching a McCurdy SS4370 stereo broadcast console that my dad is trying to re-home... A bit of history, this board originally belonged to the CJUS radio station at the University of Saskatchewan. When they shut down (probably while I was still in high school), the board was left in their old control room, which was used as a second studio for the Division of Audio-Visual Services at the U of S. My first summer as an undergrad, 1988, I worked as a student assistant duplicating cassette tapes in that control room and spent many hours playing with this console. At the time, one channel did not work, but I can't remember which it was. Fast-forward probably 10 years, the control room was renovated, and the McCurdy board was pulled out. My dad, a long-time television engineer and A/V professional, saved it from being scrapped. Unfortunately we've never had the time or the intestinal fortitude to dig into it... So it sat in a warehouse since probably the late 90s.... Now my dad is downsizing.

I hate to be one of those guys who just joins a forum to try to hock things, but... there it is...

Now onto the part you've all been waiting for, the pictures!

I won't even say "ran when parked", because it didn't... Unit is located slightly northwest of Saskatoon, and I'm sorry, for the price we're letting it go (ie, come take it away, maybe bring a couple Timmies), we won't ship.

Any takers out there in RadioWestLand?
TysonB

Re: McCurdy SS4370 Needs a new (more caring) home!

Postby don'tpanic » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:18 pm

You betcha! I used the mono version of that board a long time ago... So what do I need to do now?
don'tpanic

Postby don'tpanic » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:20 pm

BTW....it would have to be shipped, but I can swing for that. And a donation to your local SPCA too!
don'tpanic

Postby radiofan » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:55 pm

Almost a twin to the original CFMI board in the early 1970's.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby TysonB » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:15 am

Sent you a message, DontPanic....
TysonB

Postby radiodon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:45 am

Touch base with Larry Hennessey
radiodon

Postby TysonB » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:15 pm

Okay, I've found him on Facebook (I think) and sent him a message, hopefully he checks his message requests.

I guess I should probably clarify the other reason why I'm not really interested in shipping the thing... Possibly the pictures didn't make this clear, but the thing is BIG... Probably around 300 pounds, I'd guess about 5 feet long, 2 feet deep and a foot high at the peak....
TysonB

Return to Radio Equipment Etc