Neil Soper

Veteran broadcaster Mike Cleaver is doing a series of interviews with long time west coast broadcasters. These interviews are a joint project between Mike Cleaver, BCRadioHistory.com and RadioWest.ca. New iinterviews are being added weekly.

Neil Soper

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:08 am

Neil Soper - CKLG Vancouver 1963; all night CJOR Vancouver 1964; afternoon show/Music Director CHUB Nanaimo 1964-67; afternoon show/MD CFUN Vancouver 1967; CJOR Program Director/weekend show 1968-75 and Assistant GM then General Manager 1975-80; Palmer Jarvis Advertising 1980-81; Executive VP/Co-owner Canada Wide Media 1982-2009 - retired

Mike talks to Neil Soper

Thanks to radiofan, gord lansdell, Neil and of course to Mike Cleaver - next one I believe is Tom Jeffries
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Neil Soper

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm

I have been talking to Neil all afternoon about two of his references: Bud Bolton and Pat Burns. I have been trying to learn the legal name of Bolton - Bud is usually just a nick name. I have not found out much about Bud since I left CJOR in about 1973. His wife Kay had died and Neil told me that Bud's funeral was in Alberta. Anyone help with this? Jim Bennie could really help with this.

On the Burns front - I was never sure Pat was married and have asked just about everyone. Neil says yes, Dave Abbott says yes.

Think the marriage was in BC and didn't last long - probably while on the North Shore and early LG. He apparently lived with his producer Elaine Alexander but that didn't last as well. A lot of this is personal and not really related to broadcasting - but - details are interesting and provide a complete picture of people who are " bio graphed "

Interview is worth a listen and tells a story we have not heard before.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Mike Cleaver's Radiographies