ABC Gets DJ Tom Kent

Radio news from the USA

ABC Gets DJ Tom Kent

Postby jon » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:23 pm

ABC RADIO NETWORKS ADDS TOM KENT TO MUSIC PORTFOLIO

DALLAS – (Jan 8, 2009) ABC Radio Networks announced today that veteran radio programmer
and on-air personality Tom Kent will join the company’s lineup on February 2. Kent, who began
his radio career at the age of 15 in Winston-Salem on WAIR, has built a loyal fan base of
program directors across the country with his weekday and weekend offerings of classic hits that
feature live content and music that consistently connects with the Adult 35-54 demographic. The
Tom Kent Radio Network consists of Tom Kent, airing live Monday-Friday from 7 p.m. –
Midnight ET; The Ultimate Party, a live Saturday evening show with an all party-hit playlist;
and My 70s Show on Sundays, which pays homage to the days of platform shoes and bell-bottom
jeans and catches up with the artists who defined the decade.

“Tom is truly a maestro who moves and conducts the music on his shows with genuine energy
while understanding how each song relates to his listeners’ lives,” said Carl Anderson, Senior
Vice President of Programming and Distribution for ABC Radio Networks. “His career has been
built on recognizing the needs of the adult audience and engaging them with entertaining content
and the music they want to hear. We’re proud to welcome him to our network family and make
his shows available to our affiliates.”

The Tom Kent Radio Network is currently broadcast on more than 100 stations including major
markets such as Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Phoenix, Miami, St. Louis, Tampa and Kansas City.
ABC Radio Networks will grow the existing affiliate base while managing all advertising sales
for the individual programs.

“With each of our shows, the goal is to create a fun experience for the listener complete with all
the classic songs they love plus the banter and listener interaction that ties it all together,” said
Kent. “We’ve been able to reach so many people who appreciate the brand of radio we’re
delivering. With the emergence of new technologies and the growing need for real content, I’m
delighted to join forces with the ABC Radio Networks team who will move us to the next level.”

Kent has driven ratings at some of the top radio stations in the country including WLS - Chicago,
KLIF – Dallas, WAVA - Washington, WMJX - Miami, WGCL - Cleveland and WIBG –
Philadelphia. He also worked in the music industry as a promotion executive for Elektra
Entertainment. His current radio network shows feature a variety of hit music from the late 60s,
70s and 80s by artists such as Elton John, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder
and The Doobie Brothers.
jon
Advanced Member

Tom Kent

Postby jon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Just over a year ago, I was asked for my professional opinion a couple of times on the best syndicated Oldies show to run these days.

I immediately looked up Tom Kent's syndicated show(s) and was saddened to see that, at that time, they were being hosted by others, not Truckin' Tom Cookin' Kent. So, I couldn't recommend them.

Glad to see that Tom is back doing the hosting himself. What I heard a few years back, when he was doing them himself, was The Best, period.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to US Radio News