CFXX 1140

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CFXX 1140

Postby radiofan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:55 am

In 1992, 1140 AM in Calgary was known as The Fox, CFXX. Here's some splitters and imaging from that era of 1140's life...

CFXX The Fox
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: CFXX 1140

Postby pieinthesky » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:54 am

Pretty decent AM Stereo sound. I remember listening to 1140 in my mom's K-car and it sounded nice.
pieinthesky
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm not sure if that was recorded using the Sony SRF-A100 or if it was the cable feed.

I thought it was odd that they ID'ed the stationas C-F-X on the Blue Jays promo, but everywhere else it was The Fox.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby albertaboy4life » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:45 pm

It sounds to me like it's from the fall of '92 right around the time Golden West bought the station and just before they started to drive it permanently into the ground as 1140 CFXL. I'm guessing the CFX imaging was part of the transition away from the classic rock format. Reid Morgan is about the only announcer I can name from around that time. Not sure if Woody Rae and "the Coach" Jim/Jamie Herbison were still around doing the morning show.

To my ear, 'XL, later CISS, and finally the Fox had the best sounding AM Stereo processing I've heard.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:00 pm

albertaboy4life wrote:It sounds to me like it's from the fall of '92 right around the time Golden West bought the station and just before they started to drive it permanently into the ground as 1140 CFXL. I'm guessing the CFX imaging was part of the transition away from the classic rock format. Reid Morgan is about the only announcer I can name from around that time. Not sure if Woody Rae and "the Coach" Jim/Jamie Herbison were still around doing the morning show.

To my ear, 'XL, later CISS, and finally the Fox had the best sounding AM Stereo processing I've heard.

The aircheck these cuts came from was a Jim Jackson show from September of '92 .. I also have a Woody Rae AMD aircheck from the same week.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day