CHAB Super 8

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CHAB Super 8

Postby radiofan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:15 am

From Saskatchewan's Super 8 CHAB in Moose Jaw, some jingles, splitters and a weather forecast that lists enough towns to fill the intro to "Papa Was A Rolling Stone"!

CHAB Super 8
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:04 am

Did Moffat borrow the Super 8 name from the motel chain, or was the motel chain named in honour of the station?

Doesn't Moose Jaw use Brian Mulroney as the town mascot now?
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby chrism306 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:38 am

That brings back memories. Definitely my fave station growing up in Saskatoon in the 80's. It came in as good as the local signals here. At that time, CHAB was the only true place for top 40 radio playing all the hits. You had 65 CKOM in Saskatoon but they were very safe to say the least.
chrism306

Postby jon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:09 am

I remember translating "Moose Jaw" into German once for an audio tape to in-law relatives still in the Old Country. It came out as the chin of the American Elk.

I also have a Feb. 1969 recording (posted on reelradio) of KGBS Los Angeles where the announcer (Mike Lundy) can't remember which province Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat are in. He knows one is in Alberta and the other Saskatchewan, but he is not sure which is which.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Arnold Schoenberg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:58 am

Do you know what year that was approx? I'd totally forgotten about that laundry list of temps that went down into ND. Funny. CHAB was the station to listen to in SE Sask, at least in the 70's and early 80's. A lot more fun than CKCK and a slightly stronger signal than CKY from Wpg.
Arnold Schoenberg
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:11 am

Arnold Schoenberg wrote:Do you know what year that was approx? I'd totally forgotten about that laundry list of temps that went down into ND. Funny. CHAB was the station to listen to in SE Sask, at least in the 70's and early 80's. A lot more fun than CKCK and a slightly stronger signal than CKY from Wpg.

It was from 1988.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day