CJUP Up Radio

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CJUP Up Radio

Postby radiofan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:20 am

Remember when CJJC hung up it's cowboy boots and got a new name, a new home and new music? Didn't Ernie Mykyte build new studios next to or below a bowling alley on Glover Road in Langley? I know they didn't stay there for long. In the CKST era they were above a bank or Credit Union on Fraser Highway before moving to Vancouver.

Here's a couple of AM 800 UP Radio jingles and an Ed Bain weather forecast.

AM 800 CJUP
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Rob Collins » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:19 pm

Yup, Ernie Mykyte did move the station to the top floor of the bowling alley he built on Glover Road in Langley.

You could hear the balls thundering down the alleys with the pins hitting the ceiling. Weekends created the most disturbance for on-air staff.

Later those tiny studio's became apartments.

Glad I was gonzo to 14CFUN at that time and yes, it was later moved back to the Fraser Hwy above a Credit Union with Sam Folstad taking over the duties of GM and part owner.

Unfortunately, just heard that Sam is not doing well, suffering with brain cancer and I wish him and his family Peace during this difficult time in their lives.

Never could figure out the "CJUP or UP" thing.

Also good to hear Kirk Mason's voice on the Newscast, he had a great set of pipes and I wonder what he is doing now.
When it comes to horsepower, too much is just enough.
Objects in mirror were not fast enough....
Rob Collins
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:02 pm

Kirk Mason on news - good tubes

rf who is the jisc dockey?

kinna liked the format
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:24 pm

Top Dog wrote:
rf who is the jisc dockey?

kinna liked the format

Doggie

Follow the bouncing ball. I believe rf said Ed Bain was the voice on the weather. From that, I'd assume he was also the jock.

I'm glad you can base whether or not you like a stations format on hearing a couple of jingles, a weather forecast and the start of a newscast.
Maybe you should have become a consultant instead of a city councillor.

Go and listen to your Stampeders records now. I'll bet Monday Morning Choo Choo is one of your faves!

K
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 am

Rob Collins wrote: Also good to hear Kirk Mason's voice on the Newscast, he had a great set of pipes and I wonder what he is doing now.

Let's hope it's not reading the BC Regional Summary verbatim, top to bottom, like he did at CJUP.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day