CKLG in the 60's

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CKLG in the 60's

Postby radiofan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:47 am

CKLG would have celebrated it's 53rd birthday today. Unfortunately, the station came down with a terminal case of Black Tower Syndrome and passed away at midnight on January 31st, 2001.

Here's some memories of happier times at 1006 Richards Street.

Click Here
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:04 am

to coin that well worn phrase: "thanks for the memories, radiofan!" 8-)
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby OpenMike » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:49 am

Geo Custer - "There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the 7th Cavalry"
OpenMike
Advanced Member

Postby albertaboy4life » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Very cool montage Radiofan!

I was mistaken thinking that the Moffat stations only used fake Drake jingles and not authentic series 1 cuts like the last one in the montage.

That's the first Johnny Mann jingle for CKLG I've ever heard. The only other Johnny Mann CKLG jingle I've heard is the one you have from an aircheck of Don Stevens (aka Hamilton for us CHED fans), in one of your old jingle montages. I think that one is from the Drake AA series.
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:12 pm

The 73-CKLG jingles were fake Drake. CKLG later used Drake Series 1 and then the Drake AA series.

Somewhere here I have a Drake demo of the AA series. On it is a CKXL weather jingle. I can only assume XL used the AA series also.

I remember when CKLG started using the Drake AA series, for 2 or 3 days, every shift kicked off with a :57 second version of the jingle to establish the new sound of the station.

If anyone has a copy of the CKLG Drake AA jingles, I'd love a copy!

Here's the long jingle I mentioned above, not fom CKLG, but from KAFY in Bakersfield, CA. LG's version was identical..just the call letters were changed to protect the innocent.

KAFY Drake AA
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day