Why No Love For CFAX 1070

Bits and pieces of Radio History ... Features, sign ons, sign offs, format changes ... posting what we want!

Why No Love For CFAX 1070

Postby devans » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 am

How come no CFAX 1070 Victoria airchecks or jingles are ever been posted on here? I don't mean to be rude. Seems totally impossible to find anything both on here along with asking person after person who used to be at the station along with current people aren't approachable at all.
devans
Advanced Member

Re: Why No Love For CFAX 1070

Postby albertaboy4life » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 am

Ever?

Granted we've posted one CFAX aircheck so far, it's a matter of rotation and ensuring that others get to hear their favourite announcers and stations too.

Your experience isn't entirely unique. Many members of this site have a long list of aircheck and jingle "holy grails."

We've been looking for years for airchecks prior to 1983 for nearly any western Canadian station. Same goes for jingles and station production pieces.

We have only been able to find one CFAX jingle package. Radiofan has posted some of the cuts, including ones not suitable for airing. None of the other packages has ever materialized.

Radiofan and I have traded with collectors around the world, and will continue to do so. We will continue to do our best to acquire and post audio as it becomes available.

Thank you for your attempts to unearth historical audio. Please keep trying. Sometimes persistence helps along with having something to offer in exchange.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Postby devans » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:36 am

albertaboy4life wrote:Ever?

Granted we've posted one CFAX aircheck so far, it's a matter of rotation and ensuring that others get to hear their favourite announcers and stations too.

Your experience isn't entirely unique. Many members of this site have a long list of aircheck and jingle "holy grails."

We've been looking for years for airchecks prior to 1983 for nearly any western Canadian station. Same goes for jingles and station production pieces.

We have only been able to find one CFAX jingle package. Radiofan has posted some of the cuts, including ones not suitable for airing. None of the other packages has ever materialized.

Radiofan and I have traded with collectors around the world, and will continue to do so. We will continue to do our best to acquire and post audio as it becomes available.

Thank you for your attempts to unearth historical audio. Please keep trying. Sometimes persistence helps along with having something to offer in exchange.

Persistence? I can provide a complete list of former and current C-FAX personalities i've contacted about jingles or airchecks. Most of them have been quite unhelpful (especially the current people running the station these days) or simply didn't answer back. The station owned by Bell is quite anal and won't provide anything under any circumstances.

I have things to offer in exchange for trade. It doesn't appear anyone trades on here as don't see any area for that.
devans
Advanced Member

Postby devans » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:50 am

albertaboy4life wrote:Ever?

In asking around several people informed me Alan Perry has tons of stuff archived so tried him as suggested. Initially, he was going to help but then quickly he ends up pawning me off to someone else at the station who he claimed had a CD he made yrs back which contained jingles/intro themes. As it turned out that person claimed not to have anything and Alan Perry disappeared never to be heard from again. Real classy.
Last edited by devans on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
devans
Advanced Member

Postby devans » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 am

Gonna be nice and provide you with something might not be aware about. C-FAX recently just posted 60th Anniversary audio which contains old jingles and intro themes can be heard through the entire broadcast. In addition there's old audio clips played, as well.

- Old News Sounders
- Old Jingles
- Old Intro Themes

https://omny.fm/shows/cfax-1070/c-fax-1 ... k-back-hr1

https://omny.fm/shows/cfax-1070/c-fax-1 ... k-back-hr2

https://omny.fm/shows/cfax-1070/c-fax-1 ... k-back-hr3
devans
Advanced Member

Postby albertaboy4life » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:09 am

Thank you!

Enjoyed hearing the retrospective.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Return to Audio Memories