CKJS testing on FM

Radio News from Manitoba

CKJS testing on FM

Postby Shawndx » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:30 am

CKJS 810 AM is now testing on 92.7 FM. They will be moving to Fm but the end of September beginning of October. They are testing an HD signal but there is no word on what they will carry.
Shawn Axelrod VE4DX1SMA
Winnipeg MB
amandx (@)mymts.net
REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER
Shawndx
Advanced Member

Re: CKJS testing on FM

Postby crs » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
crs
Advanced Member

Re: CKJS testing on FM

Postby Shawndx » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 am

I got this reply for a signal report I sent as per their on air requests

Hi Shawn,

Thank you very much for the signal report. Since we are the first station in Winnipeg to utilize HD, your car may have not gotten a chance before to receive the digital signal.

Your SDR is not lying to you, the IBOC HD subcarriers are injected from approx. -198khz – 116khz below the main carrier and 116khz – 198khz above the carrier. The analog portion fills the gap in-between.

Don’t worry I’m not offended. You should be able to get some good DX signals once we shutdown our AM. I’m not sure if you tried yet, but we have an AM hybrid HD station on 530khz in Toronto. When I was there a few weeks ago, I was able to lock it in my rental car around 11pm. Give it a try.

Happy DXing and thank you once again for your reception report. Please do let me know on your travels how far the HD signal for 92.7FM reaches.

PAUL BURY
Shawn Axelrod VE4DX1SMA
Winnipeg MB
amandx (@)mymts.net
REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER
Shawndx
Advanced Member

Return to Manitoba