CFEQ-FM Winnipeg

Radio News from Manitoba

CFEQ-FM Winnipeg

Postby Shawndx » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 pm

The CRTC has granted them a change of format to Classical music from the current Christian music format.
This should be interesting as nobody but CBW-FM plays any Classical here at all
Shawn Axelrod VE4DX1SMA
Winnipeg MB
amandx (@)mymts.net
REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER
Shawndx
Advanced Member

Re: CFEQ-FM Winnipeg

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Greetings Everyone,
Yes this should provide the Winnipeg City Market with another format, wish CFEQ and Golden West well with it! By the way I just thought I would mention that Golden West's original and flagship station CFAM 950 Altona, Manitoba has had classical music and concert programs in their schedule for many, many years. I wrote to them way back in the mid-70s or so and Elmer Hildebrandt wrote back telling me about it then, I have a nice letter from here and he sent me some CFAM/CHSM items including a nice coverage map folder. I am still here on my extended visit to Ontario and I have heard CFAM 950 all-night at times while dxing 950 AM in the Cobourg, Ontario area, fairly strong overnight (between Midnight and 7 AM Eastern Time). They seem to play classical and semi-classical music all night still, I think CFAM has a variety format with other programming in the daytime hours including farm, religious and perhaps some country or mor. I have been quite pleased at listening to CFAM here in Ontario since I have never heard CFAM 950 in all my years of dxing since Jan. 1967 out in Greater Vancouver and Langley, B.C. and the Fraser Valley. In fact when living in Calgary during the 1980s I don't think I ever heard CFAM 950 there either. Guess I should send them a dx report from the Cobourg, Ontario area. Maybe I will tape them too one morning, they seem to be a semi-regular all night here despite Rochester, N.Y. on 950 and several others on 950 AM to the south in the USA. I seem to be able to null those fairly well here!

Now if I could only here CFAR 590 Flin Flon and CHTM 610 AM Thompson, Manitoba here, my most wanted AM dx stations in all of Canada!!!!!

Take care everyone, 73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Return to Manitoba