What's this?

Post items here [radio related or otherwise] that you have run across on the net that might be of interest to others

What's this?

Postby OpenMike » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:21 am

"I believe.....

That to have a friend, a man must be one.

That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.

That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.

In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.

That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.

That 'this government of the people, by the people, and for the people' shall live always.

That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.

That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.

That all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever.

In my Creator, my country, my fellow man."
Geo Custer - "There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the 7th Cavalry"
OpenMike
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:33 am

Fiction??
:D
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby OpenMike » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:01 pm

Sandclan you should be ashamed of yourself - I thought you followed
the Lone Ranger's Creed
Geo Custer - "There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the 7th Cavalry"
OpenMike
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:17 pm

OpenMike wrote:Sandclan you should be ashamed of yourself - I thought you followed
the Lone Ranger's Creed

No, Kemo Sabe.

:D
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:31 pm

OpenMike wrote:Sandclan you should be ashamed of yourself - I thought you followed
the Lone Ranger's Creed

`That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.'

More as The Loan Arranger :)

How did this soap box in the park praise, get to be a worthy clip and pastie.
PMC

Postby OpenMike » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:30 pm

Good question PMC

I somehow got on to the wikipedia of lone ranger and saw this
creed thing of how tonto and the masked man really
had a thang for the right and the might to kids

no booze in the saloons etcetra

I thought it was worthy of your review - reminded me of the dib dib dib
I did in cubs and then the brownies when I figured the girls had nicer
uniforms

that one for lee powell
OpenMike
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:40 pm

OpenMike wrote:Good question PMC

Thank you... my knowledge of the Lone Ranger is limited, and compounded by the jokes that were created from it... LR says to Tonto `we are surrounded' as the hills are full of `indians', and Tonto says `what do you mean by we'... this was in a skit I saw somewhere many years ago etc... there have been many others that played on the characters... on SNL and other comedy outlets.
PMC

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 am

Lone Ranger and Tonto

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their tent set up, they fell asleep. Some hours later, the masked man wakes his faithful friend and says, "Tonto, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Tonto replies, "Me see millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?" asked The Lone Ranger.

Tonto ponders for a minute, then says,"Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

What it tell you, Kemo Sabi?"

The Lone Ranger is silent for a moment, sighs, then says,"Tonto, you moron, someone has stolen our tent."
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby 3XHappy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:48 pm

Good thread. Thanks Gentlemen.
Life is as Happy as you make it
3XHappy
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 pm

3XHappy wrote:Good thread. Thanks Gentlemen.

There is more...

thank Wayne & Shuster, a superb intelligent Canadian comedy team that hit / gave their audience many moments of laughter in the 60's... I don't know if CBC has their stuff online in a modern cyber viewing format etc.
PMC

Postby 3XHappy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:36 am

Thanks, I'll mosey on over there. Hi Ho Silver...Away
PMC wrote:
3XHappy wrote:Good thread. Thanks Gentlemen.

There is more...

thank Wayne & Shuster, a superb intelligent Canadian comedy team that hit / gave their audience many moments of laughter in the 60's... I don't know if CBC has their stuff online in a modern cyber viewing format etc.
Life is as Happy as you make it
3XHappy
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:13 am

Lone Ranger and Tonto
The Lone Ranger and Tonto walked into a bar and sat down to drink a beer. After a few minutes, a big tall cowboy walked in and said, "Who owns the big white horse outside?"

The Lone Ranger stood up, hitched his gun belt, and said, "I do...Why?"

The cowboy looked at the Lone Ranger and said, "I just thought you would like to know that your horse is about dead outside!"

The Lone Ranger and Tonto rushed outside, and sure enough, Silver was ready to die from heat exhaustion. The Lone Ranger got the horse water, and soon, Silver was starting to feel a little better. The
Lone Ranger turned to Tonto and said, "Tonto, I want you to run around
Silver and see if you can create enough of a breeze to make him start to feel better."

Tonto said, "Sure, Kemosabe," and took off running circles around Silver. Not able to do anything else but wait, the Lone Ranger
returned to the bar to finish his drink.

A few minutes later, another cowboy struts into the bar and asks, "Who owns that big white horse outside?"

The Lone Ranger stands again, and claims, "I do, what's wrong with him this time?"

The cowboy looks him in the eye and says, "Nothing, but you left your
Injun runnin'."
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Rip 'N' Read ... aka Cut 'N' Paste