Jill Krop Leaves Global

News from the world of Television

Jill Krop Leaves Global

Postby cart_machine » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:19 pm

cart_machine
Advanced Member

Re: Jill Krop Leaves Global

Postby Peteradio » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:35 pm

Here’s hoping for a replacement a little more right of centre.
Peteradio
Advanced Member

Postby talker2002@gmail.com » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:36 pm

Can't anyone just say, "Goodbye and good luck, Jill?"
talker2002@gmail.com
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:05 pm

Good luck, indeed, to Jill Krop, in my opinion, one of the best, late night tv anchors they ever had at Global Vancouver/BCTV.

Jill brought an energy to the late night anchor desk seldom replicated today ? As far as management went, the jury is still out, I think.

Sometimes, Vancouver television resembles "middle market" broadcasting, with their amateur moves, lazy, poorly written and announced scripts, and the preponderance for celebrity news and dog/cat rescue stories.

However, I wonder how much control Jill Krop really had, with all of the landscape changes made by Global News, in their tv and radio division in Vancouver, and how she was forced her to go along with those changes, by people like Troy Reeb, for example, calling the shots and forcing his management to hew the corporate head office agenda.

That said, Shaw is much the same as Rogers and all the others, in that the head office calls the shots, and, you, the middle management person, have to go along with it and "suck c*ck," isn't it true !
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen