CTV9 rolls out Killeen-Taggart replacements

News from the world of Television

CTV9 rolls out Killeen-Taggart replacements

Postby kal » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:35 am

Vancouver's CTV 9 has announced a replacement team for the long-running Killeen-Taggart duo. In fact the station has announced replacements for all its newscasts.

Effective today long-time news reader Mi-Jung Lee will team up with Scott Roberts for the 6 pm slot.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mi-jung-lee-and-scott-roberts-named-co-anchors-of-ctv-news-at-six-1.4064079
kal
Advanced Member

Re: CTV9 rolls out Killeen-Taggart replacements

Postby the-real-deal » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:02 pm

This is the second (or third) tour of duty at the 6 pm anchor desk for Mi Jung Lee. She is a trusted and reliable reporter, but not the star quality that anyone expects. It's amazing that she is still with the company, as many others have left and or have been fired? The only answer must be that she is oriental, and therefore, brings more "currency" to the desk than others. My suspicion is that, when CTV finds itself a "newer" star, Mi Jung will be put on the back burner, once again?
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Re: CTV9 rolls out Killeen-Taggart replacements

Postby Doug » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Scott Roberts is a fine choice who, arguably, should've gotten the job years ago instead of Killeen and especially instead of Taggart. Mi-Jung Lee is solid, too, but I preferred her at 11:35 pm. She had the right tone for that time of night, formal but still a bit relaxed. I would've liked to have seen Lisa Rossington paired with Mr. Roberts, but that would've significantly depleted CTV9's already very weak reporter "bench strength."

I wonder if they tried to lure CBC Calgary's Rob Brown back to Vancouver? He would've been ideal, but maybe he likes it out in Calgary too much - or sees a future for himself when CBC decides their multi-anchor format and hyper sensationalized "The National" is dismal failure, and wants to bring in a high calibre single anchor newscast instead of this...trash that that they have now. I haven't been able to make it thru a full episode of "The National" since Peter Mansbridge left - and even then, it was a real struggle as he, too, was well past his "before before" date.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen