COUNTRY 105 ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT OF MORNING HOST ROBYN ADAIR

Radio news from Alberta

COUNTRY 105 ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT OF MORNING HOST ROBYN ADAIR

Postby radiofan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:45 am

COUNTRY 105 ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT OF LONGTIME HOST ROBYN ADAIR
Adair’s Last Day with the Station is April 30
For Immediate Release

CALGARY, March 5, 2021 – Country 105 announced today that Robyn Adair is retiring after an incredible 32 years with the station. She has been a co-host on Country 105’s award-winning morning show, The Odd Squad, since 1989. Her last day is April 30, 2021.

In Adair’s thirty-plus years waking up with Calgarians on Country 105, the station and morning show team have earned numerous recognitions and awards, including several titles from the Canadian Country Music Association for Personality and Station of the Year. Internationally, The Odd Squad has been nominated several times for Personality of the Year by both the Country Music Association (CMA) in Nashville and the Academy of Country Music.

Throughout her career, Adair has interviewed countless country music icons, including Garth Brooks, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Thomas Rhett, Dallas Smith and many more.

“These past 32 years at Country 105 have been a dream come true for me. It’s been a ridiculous amount of fun and I have had the chance to do things in this career that I couldn’t have imagined when I was starting out,” said Robyn Adair. “It’s long been my dream to be able to retire early and while I have absolutely no doubt that I won’t miss waking up at 3:30 a.m., I will certainly miss Roger, my friends at the station and all the listeners who have welcomed me into their lives. It has been an absolute pleasure and an honour.”

“Robyn is amazing talent and has been a key contributor to the station over the last three decades,” said Ronnie Stanton, Western Regional Program Director. “Country 105 and Calgary mornings simply won’t be the same without her.”

Originally from Saskatchewan, Adair started her radio career in 1985 with stints across Alberta including Canmore, Red Deer and Edmonton. She is a graduate of the broadcasting program at Western Academy Broadcasting College (WABC).

Adair has been an active member of the community since joining the station. The Caring for Kids radiothon, an annual fundraising event on behalf of Alberta Children’s hospital, has raised $38 million over the last 18 years.

When Robyn is off-air, she engages in a variety of hobbies and interests such as kayaking and surfing in the summer, and hiking and snowshoeing in the winter.

– 30 –
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta