Stingray Eliminates 14 On Air Positions in Rural Alberta

Radio news from Alberta

Stingray Eliminates 14 On Air Positions in Rural Alberta

Postby paterson » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 am

This is from the Southern Ont/WNY Forum and Broadcast Dialogue.

Stingray Media is opting to network or syndicate morning shows over their Real Country and BOOM branded radio stations in rural Alberta. This will result in the elimination of 14 on air positions.

"The Real Wake Up" with Vinnie and Randi which is produced at Real Country 95.5 in Red Deer was launched on other Real Country stations in Alberta including Stettler, Brooks, Blairmore, Drumheller, St. Paul, Westlock and High Prairie.

BOOM morning shows will be simulcast in Brooks, Slave Lake, Whitecourt, Hinton, Wainwright, Lac La Biche, Athabasca and Slave Lake.

Local breaks, news and weather will still be handled by local announcers who will then host from 9am to 3pm. Stations will have local voice tracking on weekends.

Katie and Ed mornings on 90.3 AMP in Calgary also are featured in the morning on KOOL FM Bonnyville and Wayne FM Wainwright.
paterson
Advanced Member

Re: Stingray Eliminates 14 On Air Positions in Rural Alberta

Postby pave » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:06 pm

No. Seriously. I mean, really...
Does anybody with a background in radio sincerely expect these self-serving, close-minded, tunnel-vsioned mandarins were actually going to have a "come-to-Jesus" moment and miraculously snap out of it?
They would need a Franklin Graham-style flim flam man at the front of the room for that to get any traction.
C'mon, now. Look me in the eye and try that one on.
pave
Advanced Member

Re: Stingray Eliminates 14 On Air Positions in Rural Alberta

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:19 pm

This recent podcast quote from former KFRC and KHJ legend, now voiceover giant, Beau Weaver:

“Radio is my first love, and I hate to say it, but seeing radio now is kinda like running into your old middle school girlfriend on the street...but she’s lying face-down in a puddle of her own vomit with a needle sticking out of her arm.
I mean...you’re glad to see her...but, oh honey”!
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta