SUNNY 94, Lacome, Alberta

Radio news from Alberta

Postby monakitty » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:57 am

Did anyone hear the launch, and maybe even record it. I know that they are not streaming yet. This station was launched today by former Z-99 Red Deer Morning guy, Troy Stevens and his wife. This guy did what I think every broadcaster would like to. They've thrown their life savings into the thing, and must have been shocked as the rest of us when they actually got a licence. Obviously they did very well with market research and their proposal to the CRTC. I really hope this thing flys for them. What a great kick in the nuts to the big guys who are only profit driven.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:18 pm

Here's the website:
http://sunny94.com
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:01 pm

Thanks, Dan. I actually had the website. That's how I knew they weren't streaming yet. I'm actually looking to see if someone has the launch on hand, but thanks.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:12 am

monakitty wrote: What a great kick in the nuts to the big guys who are only profit driven.

The preceeding posting was brought to you by Mrs. Stevens.

Regardless congrats and give'm heck kids.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:37 pm

Sorry BCK, I'm not her. I wish I was, because I would always know in the back of my mind that if it stopped being fun, I could flip that puppy for a pretty penny. But I truly hope that doesn't happen. How can it not be fun when you own the sunbitch. I wish them nothing but tremendous success!
monakitty
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta