Has anyone heard from Dave R. lately?

Radio news from Alberta

Has anyone heard from Dave R. lately?

Postby Putter » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Kinda missing my old QR buddy.
Thanks to host changes and focus shift @QR I try to keep my listening mostly to Sirius and
630CHED, but would like to support/hear DR if he has plans to come back.

Old fan
Putter

Re: Has anyone heard from Dave R. lately?

Postby jon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:12 pm

His last post on Twitter and Facebook was on November 17th for CHQR's 50th anniversary:
Happy 50th birthday to CHQR Calgary, my radio home for 31 years. I was fortunate to have worked with some incredibly talented people over those years. I joined QR in 1983 as news director and later added program director, music director and promotions director along the way, but I gave up all of that management to become a talk show host after the big switch to talk in '92. The team at the Rutherford Show took that program to a dominant position in all of radio over 20 years and I can't thank them enough for our success. I'm also proud to have been the founding chairman of the Calgary Children's Foundation, still a vital part of supporting the children of our community. Congratulations everyone!

Dave stopped posting daily commentaries on his web site last July 9th. But comments on his Facebook page sound like CFFR-660, the Rogers All News station in Calgary, stopped airing his commentaries sometime in mid-October.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Putter » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Yeah I missed his Twitter/facebook post and nothing newer at 660.
Hope all is OK. Hopefully he is just out travelling, waiting to tell us how it is.
Putter

Postby Putter » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Really bad form on QR not to acknowledge him.
I hope that was his choice and a way to say screw you.
Putter

Return to Alberta