Rob Breakenridge tapped for full-time spot on Newstalk 770 m

Radio news from Alberta

Rob Breakenridge tapped for full-time spot on Newstalk 770 m

Postby radiofan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:47 am

Rob Breakenridge tapped for full-time spot on Newstalk 770 morning show

CALGARY HERALD OCTOBER 1, 2014

Rob Breakenridge has been named as a replacement for Erin Kelly on the Newstalk 770’s nine to noon morning show.

Breakenridge has been co-hosting the show with Roger Kingkade since September. The station will look for a full time replacement to fill his former slot, from 9 to 11 p.m., said Newstalk 770 brand director John Vos.

Kelly left the show in July.

Breakenridge, who writes a column for the Calgary Herald every Tuesday, has worked in news radio for 15 years. He was born in Lethbridge and raised in Edmonton.

The show will be rechristened the Kingkade & Breakenbridge Show. The Kingkade & Kelly Show debuted Aug. 19 as a replacement for the long-running Dave Rutherford Show. Rutherford left Newstalk 770 in a cloud of controversy in June of 2013 when Chorus Entertainment cancelled his show after the right-wing host criticized his station’s coverage of the southern Alberta flood crisis. He was set to retire in July.

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... story.html
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Rob Breakenridge tapped for full-time spot on Newstalk 7

Postby DenMan1965 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:50 am

Thats great news. Rob Breckenridge is a great guy, I have met him a few times where I work. Great job Rob

DenMan1965
DenMan1965
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:07 pm

radiofan wrote:CALGARY HERALD OCTOBER 1, 2014
Rutherford left Newstalk 770 in a cloud of controversy in June of 2013 when Chorus Entertainment cancelled his show after the right-wing host criticized his station’s coverage of the southern Alberta flood crisis. He was set to retire in July.

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... story.html

May one be permitted to criticise (or criticize if you prefer) the Herald for not knowing how to spell Corus?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Putter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:45 pm

OoHH!! He's been tapped. I would take it as a demotion to have to work with .....that guy.
Trying not to get banned on my first post.
I wish Rob luck, always enjoyed him om 9-11 PM.
I really can't see this as a promotion for Rob, just not sure what QR sees in the other guy.
Putter

Return to Alberta