CHED/Corus Edmonton Have a New Engineer

Radio news from Alberta

CHED/Corus Edmonton Have a New Engineer

Postby jon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:06 pm

From Broadcast Dialogue: Darrin Drouillard, ex of Blackburn Radio Windsor, is the new senior engineer at Corus Radio Edmonton. His background includes 15 years as the broadcast engineer responsible for CHUM Windsor & Kitchener-Waterloo, two years as director of engineering at The Team 990 (CKGM) Montreal, and five years as chief engineer at Blackburn...

Tom Davies remains Chief Engineer, officially Engineering Director. Tom has been a CHED Engineer since the beginning of the 1970s.

Tom once told me about noticing that his new license plate was not far from ending with 0360 (630 backwards), so he asked and was able to get a plate that ended 0360 just from the general sequence being given out that day.

A couple of weeks ago, I thought that Tom might have got a new car and new plates when I saw a personalized plate CHEDENG on a European luxury sedan. Tom says it isn't his. Then I did a little looking: Chedeng is Filipino slang for a Mercedes Benz vehicle.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: CHED/Corus Edmonton Have a New Engineer

Postby jon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:19 am

Mike Evans will become senior engineer at Corus Radio Edmonton Feb. 17. He moves from his chief engineer position at CHIN Radio/TV International Toronto. He’s been with CHIN since September of 2001... (Broadcast Dialogue)

Darrin Drouillard moved to Bell Media in December.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta