What's happening in Slave Lake?

Radio news from Alberta

Postby Dan Sys » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:47 pm

I recall reading on Milkman earlier this year that CKWA 1210 in Slave Lake had made the flip to 92.7 FM. I reported this in my monthly column and 90 days later (as is the norm) I reported CKWA AM as going dark.

I received an e-mail yesterday from a fellow in Northern Alberta informing me that not only is CKWA 1210 still on the air, but there is no sign of the flipped station on 92.7 yet.

I've spent the better part of this evening trying to sort this out to no avail, except for the fact that the Newcap website does list them as being on 92.7. Does anyone in the group have any knowledge about the situation up there?
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Too far away for me to hear here, Dan. The NewCap web site lists Randy Turner as the station contact at rturner@newcap.ca so you may want to contact him.

And NewCap has spent some effort updating things recently, finally changing their Big Earl sticker posted on the site from 98.1 to 96.3
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:57 pm

Thanks Jon. As a sidenote to the story I noticed on todays Industry Canada database release that the 92.7 calls in Slave Lake have changed from CKWA to CHSL.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta