Rob Mise

Radio news from Alberta

Postby jon » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:49 pm

June 2
Rob Mise Promoted To Director Of Programming For NewCap
Edmonton AB - Staff Memo From Mark Maheu

We are very pleased to announce the appointment of Rob Mise to the position of Director of Programming, Newcap Radio.

I know this announcement will come as no surprise to most of you since Rob has been an instrumental part of Newcap Radio?s success for some time now.

Rob is without a doubt one of the brightest and most creative minds in Canadian Radio today. Over the past few years, Rob has been an integral part of the success we have achieved in Ottawa with HOT 89.9 and most recently in the rebuilding of our Edmonton franchises. Since the departure of Steve Jones last year, Rob has also stepped up to assist many of our stations in their programming efforts.

Rob?s new responsibilities will be focused on working with all Newcap radio stations programming initiatives and Program Directors. Rob will lend his expertise and experience on an ?as needed? basis throughout the group. Rob will also coordinate research projects market by market with Mark Kassof, be involved with new licence applications by Newcap and work closely with other members of the Newcap Head Office team on Company-wide initiatives.

As you all know, Rob has an unbelievable amount of energy and he LOVES radio. Newcap just got better by moving Rob up to a position he has most certainly earned.

Rob will remain based in Edmonton and his new responsibilities are effective immediately.

Congratulations Rob!
jon
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:49 pm

Despite my age, I have a feeling I hired Rob Mise for CFUN in Vancouver (as CKVN had barely switched to CFUN)......I may be wrong (I've been known to be wrong once in a blue moon)....but his name does strike a bell. Anyone know his bio from way back?
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:10 pm

Naw, dude, he's not that old. I don't think he's hit 40.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:06 pm

Just as long as I don't have to add "rob mise" to the growing and seemingly endless list of things that caused Sykes to leave radio, I'm okay with it.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:42 pm

He's also spent very little time in anyting other than programming. Just a brief on-air stint in Renfrew Ontario, I think.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:26 pm

The guy I was thinking of was Rob Mades.....not Mise. And Kinkade, please read my response from the other thread. And get a freaking life.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:48 pm

There was a Rod Maides at CFMI in the mid 70's .. .I believe he came from CKOK in Penticton.

Is this the same guy John?
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:56 pm

That be the man......when CFUN dropped all-news for the rock format, Rob was one of those let go.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta