Changes at 969 Jack FM

Radio news from Alberta

Changes at 969 Jack FM

Postby DenMan1965 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:21 pm

JACK is about to get even BIGGER!
by Corbet Rutzer on Jan 17, 2022 12:17:53

Drumroll please…

It is with much fanfare (and a splash of rigamarole) that JACK 96.9 Calgary is pleased to welcome Marc Michaels, Katlynn Millions and Alex Carr to our on-air team! All three will be joining JACK soon… like January 31st soon!

This exciting announcement marks a return to having hosts on JACK delivering even more engaging and entertaining content in the hours following our already terrific Morning Show with Matt and Sarah. Starting January 31st, Marc & Millions will host “JACK Afternoons with Marc & Millions” from 3-6pm Monday-Friday. Alex will start his new mid-day show from 11-2pm on February 22nd, as well as debuting as our new JACK Up The ’80s host January 31st!

“Calgary has been home to the both of us for years and we’re stoked to bring our show here! JACK has a killer playlist, but we’re excited to interrupt every once in a while with a little sprinkle of nonsense. Plus, I still have a sweet sleeveless Aerosmith t-shirt somewhere.” said Marc. Millions added, “I’m pumped because I found out there’s a Vietnamese place less than a block away from the studio. I’ll also make sure Marc doesn’t wear a sleeveless t-shirt in public.”

Alex also chimed in: “I’m really excited to be on JACK and join the Rogers family. I can come up with something with more personality if you’d like, I’ve never been very good at these quotes. But I am excited, so it did come from the heart!”

And because this announcement didn’t feature enough quotes, here’s another one from Corbet Rutzer, JACK 96.9 Calgary’s Content Director: “Calgary is a unique market, so we didn’t just want to find the best hosts. We wanted to find the best hosts to entertain, inform and connect with Calgarians. Our search pretty much started and stopped at Marc Michaels, Katlynn Millions and Alex Carr. They love Calgary, they know Calgary and they have a strong track record building an audience in this town. Along with Matt & Sarah in the Mornings, our dream team is taking shape, and I can’t wait to get started.”

Welcome aboard Marc, Katlynn, and Alex! There’s no turning back now. Seriously, your key cards only work one way.
DenMan1965
Advanced Member

Re: Changes at 969 Jack FM

Postby albertaboy4life » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:47 pm

I’ll try a different delivery of the Jack Calgary news.

Christian Hall hired a bunch of former X92.9 Calgary colleagues.

That being said, I would be nervous if I was new or already working there.

Matt O’Neill is at Jack for a second time having already been fired once.

Marc Michaels has morning show experience in Calgary as he was on the Virgin Calgary morning show.

Afternoon shows don’t have a history of longevity at Jack Calgary.

Beesley can talk about afternoon shows being canceled on Jack Calgary. Along with another jock whose name I can’t recall besides a faint memory that he had an accent.

Jeff Walker and Tim Schutz while each taking a turn being Jack Calgary’s music director also did afternoons until a decision was made to have no afternoon host.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta