CFCN Calgary - Steve Woodman & Marianna - 1984

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

CFCN Calgary - Steve Woodman & Marianna - 1984

Postby albertaboy4life » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:18 am

RadioWest continues its salute to the 100th anniversary of 1060 CKMX (CFCN) Radio Calgary. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40316

From the RadioWest aircheck archives -

About six weeks after the launch of "Calgary's Hot New AM . . . AM 106," here's Steve Woodman on a snowy late October Friday morning in 1984 -

https://soundcloud.com/westernbroadcast ... er-26-1984

You can hear RadioWest member Don Stevens, AM 106's lead architect and program director at the time, with the September 10, 1984 launch here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8203

Steve (aka Jesse Dylan) is joined by Marianna who updates traffic along with news from the late Dale O'Hara and sportscaster Ken Newans.

Listen for more AM 106 audio before year's end including airchecks from Marianna's personal collection. Thank you, Marianna!

Your aircheck contributions are welcomed, too. PM me or e-mail radiowest@telus.net
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Re: CFCN Calgary - Steve Woodman & Marianna - 1984

Postby oldformerdj » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:54 pm

AM106 was great radio. Stevens and Woodman. Excellent morning show. Tarzan Dan. Amazing night guy. Nice to hear Marianna. Very talented. She was the receptionist at CKRY when I was there in 1982. One of the best on 660 news.
oldformerdj

Postby the-real-deal » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:50 pm

AM106 was the "SHIT," back in the 1980's ! Fuckin' killer signal ? Kick ass rock and roll ! The station paid attention to long instrumentals and edited the song (like Money for Nothing), by Dire Straights. The sister of CJAY92 with Jim Ripley, mornings, Stu Myers, David Spence, Rene Heard and Doug Blackie, News ! Came in like a rocket in the Quesnel, B.C. area, each night, where I once lived and worked at Cariboo Radio ! I wrote them a nice letter and told them I enjoyed the radio station. They sent me back a COVETED AM 106 T-SHIRT, LOL gold with black sleeves, as I recall. Loved listening to TARZAN DAN FREEMAN, Glen Slingerland, and others ! Used to be called AM 1060 CFCN and yes, the news department was supplied by CFCN and you heard a lot of CFCN TV personalities like Ken Newans, Russ Peake, etc. :glasses7:
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Postby radioman » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:50 pm

the-real-deal:

You don't need to use profane/vulgar language in your posts. Those who do use profanities and vulgarities only exhibit the fact that they have never mastered the ability to express themselves in a civilized genteel manner.
radioman
Advanced Member

Postby talker2002@gmail.com » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:42 pm

radioman wrote:the-real-deal:

You don't need to use profane/vulgar language in your posts. Those who do use profanities and vulgarities only exhibit the fact that they have never mastered the ability to express themselves in a civilized genteel manner.

To which I reply: :carrot:
talker2002@gmail.com
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)