CISL Vancouver - Sue Zimmerman - 1992

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

CISL Vancouver - Sue Zimmerman - 1992

Postby albertaboy4life » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:47 am

From the RadioWest aircheck archives -

Known as Susan Sierra during her time at CJJR FM, CKCL FM and CKZZ FM Vancouver, Sue Zimmerman spent time at CJIB AM Vernon before landing at "Vancouver's Best Oldies" C-ISL 650.

Here's Sue with the afternoon drive show from February 1992 -

https://soundcloud.com/westernbroadcast ... ary-3-1992

Sue is joined by Bob Livingston during a time when C-ISL was using the Otis Conner Drake 88 series of jingles.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Re: CISL Vancouver - Sue Zimmerman - 1992

Postby DonovanTildesley » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:15 pm

Wow! What a super talent. Some folks may not realize that Sue would have been only 21 years old at the time of this aircheck. Also some historical significance here. Monday February 3 1992 would have been Sue's second to last CISL afternoon show, prior to crossing the hall to join the recently-launched Z 95.3 FM for middays. In fact, she had been doing a Sunday shift at Z for the previous month in preparation for this move. Carol Alexander (who you hear on the MS Walk spot) moved from AM drive to afternoons as Sue's replacement on February 6. In a couple of weeks, the 5 O'clock Whistle (again promo'd on this 'check) was replaced by The 50's at 5. This was also around the time when BJ Doyle replaced Marty Forbes as CISL PD. Both Sue and Bob Livingstone, along with a number of other staffe were let go from what was then South Fraser Broadcasting on the first Friday of September in 1992. I was 7 years old and a frequent caller into The Five O'clock Whistle, managing to get on air most of the time. Sue must have figured out how much of a radio nerd I was, as I still remember her telling me over the phone on one Friday night in December '91 about her impending move and name change. What a class act!
DonovanTildesley
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)