CBC Radio - Nightfall - 1982

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

CBC Radio - Nightfall - 1982

Postby albertaboy4life » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 pm

Something a little different this time around.

Thanks to YouTube's Robatsea2009 for the final minutes of "Teddy," which aired on a January 29, 1982 episode of Nightfall. Also included are a network ID, promo and a bit of a newscast from CBC 690 AM Vancouver -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oGC5OqQ9wE
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Re: CBC Radio - Nightfall - 1982

Postby ThisIsNotCBC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 am

I saw that clip a few days ago. It's been ages since I last heard the CBC Radio network ID from that time frame (which was used between at least 1977 and December 31, 1985). IIRC, there were three versions of that four-note ID used, two of which I reheard recently in some Nightfall episodes posted at YouTube and the Internet Archive - one that used two additional notes under the "This is CBC Radio" announcer spiel, another where the fourth and last note was held for a few seconds and faded as the announcer spiel was done (a third version, which I have yet to see posted online, had a sort of synthesized warbling play under the announcer spiel after the four notes, which were played at a slightly faster pace in that version).

Believe it or not, back in the day, the CBC Radio network ID that appears in that clip was, to me back in my younger days, the radio equivalent of the scary closing logos on TV (like Screen Gems' "S from Hell" and the 1975 Universal TV logo), as it sent chills down my spine whenever I heard that ID on the radio back then.
ThisIsNotCBC
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)