Pat O'Day @ KJR and Chuck Chandler @ CKDA

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Pat O'Day @ KJR and Chuck Chandler @ CKDA

Postby radiofan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:45 pm

As PAT O'DAY celebrates his 73rd birthday this week, we thought we'd take you back to June 26th of 1986 when Pat spent a week of filling in for Ross Schaffer at Seattle's KJR. For Pat it was a homecoming to the station he spent many years at as a DJ, a PD and a GM. Happy Birthday Pat and many more to come!

PAT O'DAY Aircheck Click Here

21:12 8,701 KB

-----------------------------

In the mid 1960's CHARLES P. RODNEY CHANDLER was burnin' up the Edmonton airwaves at Top 40 CJCA. 40+ years later he is at COOL 880 and waking Edmontonians up each day. Since the mid 60's he has shortened his name to CHUCK CHANDLER and made a few stops along the way including a stint at OLDIES 1200 in Victoria. Here's Chuck in PM Drive at CKDA 1200 from August 31, 1992.

CHUCK CHANDLER Aircheck Click Here

14:48 10,414 KB
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Promotions Guy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Ah CPRC. I remember listening to him while in Victoria. He was warning about a traffic tie up. It was just a half block from where we were. There were five cars waiting to go through a light. The maddness of it all! But it was great to hear an old Edmonton voice. Someone I used to listen to on my old rocket radio. Who wudda thunk I would actually get the chance to work with him.
Promotions Guy
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:39 pm

Happy Birthday Pat O'Day!

What a treat to hear Pat on KJR again. My all time favorite jock on my all time favorite radio station.

I didn't realize until I read the Ron Jacobs bio in another thread here that he was responsible for the Cruisin' series of LPs. The 1966 album featuring Pat O'Day at KJR was and still still my fave.
sparky
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)