Len Thuesen @ CKRA and Terry Reed & Marianna @ CKKS

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Len Thuesen @ CKRA and Terry Reed & Marianna @ CKKS

Postby radiofan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:22 pm

From Edmonton's K-Lite (CKRA) it's Len Thuesen and the morning Traffic Jam from April 6, 1988.

Len Thuesen Trafic Jam Aircheck Click Here

14:45 10,894 KB

plus ..............

Vancouver's 97 KISS-FM (CKKS) with Terry Reed & Marianna in the morning from October 1, 1992.

Terry Reed & Marianna Aircheck Click Here

14:04 9,894 KB
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Spell Check please!

Postby jon » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Anyone who can help me with the spelling of the following folks heard on the CKRA aircheck would be most appreciated:
Morley Scott
Grant Ainsley
Dianne Demurs
Allan Parks

And, does anyone know if Jim Taylor actually worked for CKRA, or was he syndicated Sports out of Broadcast News?

As for the aircheck itself, by this time, I didn't know anyone who still listened to CKRA-FM. There had been a huge contingent of friends who had been big fans of the station when Len was doing PM Drive as both K-Lite and K-96 before that.

When Len moved to AM Drive, the music gradually changed, especially lyrically, and I lost interest.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember the K-Lite AM Drive DJ's name who Len replaced? He was wooed by more money and an iron-clad two year contract for AM Drive with CKXM-FM just as they were changing to CJKE-FM "The Key". At the end of the two years, his contract was not renewed and he moved to a small Ontario town (Woodstock?) and I saw him on TV, being filmed on the air there a few years later.

What was his name?
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Donovan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:27 pm

Jon, I have no idea of the person you're referring to, but I seem to recall that Clay St. Thomas (JR FM, Z95, under a different last name at the time) did mornings at K-Light in the 80s. Theussen's shtick doesn't seem to fit in with the format. I think that's B.J. Doyle's (CISL, Mountain FM) voice on the Allied Break and Clutch spot.? And who produced those jingles?

FYI Radiofan, I believe its Marianne (not Marianna) on the KISS FM aircheck. If memory serves, she was gone by December 1992, to be replaced by Tarrell Rothry (sp??). Tom Jeffries would take over mornings early in 1993, to be replaced by Fred & Cathy on august 3. (Hope someone has the aircheck of F&C's first Kiss show). Ironically, Terry and Marianne resurfaced at QM/FM (where Terry has remained to this day), right across the hall from CFUN, where F&C worked prior to being scooped by Kiss!
Donovan

Postby radiofan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:07 pm

Donovan wrote:Jon, I have no idea of the person you're referring to, but I seem to recall that Clay St. Thomas (JR FM, Z95, under a different last name at the time) did mornings at K-Light in the 80s. Theussen's shtick doesn't seem to fit in with the format. I think that's B.J. Doyle's (CISL, Mountain FM) voice on the Allied Break and Clutch spot.? And who produced those jingles?

FYI Radiofan, I believe its Marianne (not Marianna) on the KISS FM aircheck. If memory serves, she was gone by December 1992, to be replaced by Tarrell Rothry (sp??). Tom Jeffries would take over mornings early in 1993, to be replaced by Fred & Cathy on august 3. (Hope someone has the aircheck of F&C's first Kiss show). Ironically, Terry and Marianne resurfaced at QM/FM (where Terry has remained to this day), right across the hall from CFUN, where F&C worked prior to being scooped by Kiss!

B.J. Doyle was working at K-Lite at this time prior to moving out Vancouver and CISL.

When I worked with Marianna at CHQR she was Marianna and then at some point it became Marianne and no last name.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby RoadRunner65 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:26 am

Was Marianna not at Am106 prior to her move to Vancouver. I remember her and Steve Woodman (Jessie Dillon) doing mornings. I really enjoyed listening to them.

RR65:)
RoadRunner65
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:24 am

Yes...Marianna was at AM 106 with Jessie Dylan.

She followed Dylan to Toronto and after a few years there she made the move to Vancouver.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:03 pm

Wasn't Terry Reed also at CKLG in the late 1970s / early 1980s?
sparky
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:33 pm

Yes he was, and he was good enough to provide critiques for me from cassettes I sent him from my early radio DJ days in the wild of the BC Interior!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Mike Lynch

Postby jon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:34 am

jon wrote:does anyone remember the K-Lite AM Drive DJ's name who Len replaced? He was wooed by more money and an iron-clad two year contract for AM Drive with CKXM-FM just as they were changing to CJKE-FM "The Key". At the end of the two years, his contract was not renewed and he moved to a small Ontario town (Woodstock?) and I saw him on TV, being filmed on the air there a few years later.

What was his name?

Just found out that I was talking about Mike Lynch. I was looking for pictures of John Beaudin for edmontonbroadcasters.com and found an old Edmonton Sun front page that had John with Mike Lynch on CKXM-FM from the late '80s.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)