Happy Birthday Russ Byth

Happy Birthday Russ Byth

Postby radiofan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:14 am

:occasion4: Happy Birthday #55 to Russ Byth today! :partyguy:

Today marks 30 days in hospital recovering from acute pancreatitis. Russ is on the mend but will still a guest at KGH for several more weeks.

If you'd like to pop him a note or a card ....

Russ Byth
Unit 4B, Room 4124 Royal Building
Kelowna General Hospital
2268 Pandosy Street
Kelowna, BC V1Y 1T2
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Happy Birthday Russ Byth

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 am

Happy Birthday Russ... (not the happiest you've ever had, but next year I'm sure will be a blowout) Maybe they'll slip a little something extra into your IV tonight. Get better soon bud! :occasion6:
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 am

It is a bummer to be in the hospital, but it is a nice sunny day today. Happy birthday Russ :cheers:
PMC

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:25 pm

Thanks guys! As I mentioned on FB, the Surprise of the Day award goes to Ted and Dan Sys for appearing in my hospital room for a visit in the noon hour.
Blew me away!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Real shocker when I learned that you were in the hospital! Glad that you had some company on your birthday at good old Freedom 55.

I do hope that you recover fully soon!

Don't think I ever told you, but I used to ride my bike along the road near your house in 1962, on my way to see my grandparents.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:55 am

all the best for a successful recovery Russ! What a crappy place to spend your birthday :occasion4:
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:14 pm

jon wrote:Real shocker when I learned that you were in the hospital! Glad that you had some company on your birthday at good old Freedom 55.

I do hope that you recover fully soon!

Don't think I ever told you, but I used to ride my bike along the road near your house in 1962, on my way to see my grandparents.

Interesting Jon. That must have been near Como Lake and Poirier as we lived in the subdivision northeast of the intersection. Remember the big water tower?
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:15 pm

skyvalleyradio wrote:all the best for a successful recovery Russ! What a crappy place to spend your birthday :occasion4:

Thanks Sky!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:43 pm

I used to ride my bike along Harbour Drive from Gatesbury to Poirier, as we lived on Bartlett and my grandparents on Poirier just before Selkirk Crescent.

I'd forgotten about the water tower until you mentioned it. We only lived a single school year in Coquitlam and my grandparents moved in half way through that year, so I didn't make that bike ride too many times.

I was there for the opening of Porter Street Elementary School, complete with its Shift Classes the first month because of construction delays. I contacted them to see if they were doing a 50th anniversary thing back in September 2011, but they never responded, and seemed not to even know, let alone care, when the school first opened. Just like "branding changes" in radio, anything prior to their current administration and programs seems to be of little or no interest. Even though the school appears to be virtually unchanged from that first year.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Holy Canoli - sorry for the late Happy Birthday Wish, Russ. Damn Passwords!

Julie and I always knew when we worked with you, we were working with a special guy - your great nature and passion for radio...was something to admire.

Take care and get better, vastly, please.

:occasion4:

ps. Freddie told me a number of times, how fond he was of you. I am still reeling from his loss. I hope you are OK.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks Tom and Jules.... we were fortunate to work in the "good" times, and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to work in an environment at Power104 and Q1031 in Kelowna where people are allowed to do the jobs they were hired to do and creativity is encouraged.

Fred's loss is a big one, but we are better for knowing and worked with him.

Cheers!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 am

Old times are good times

HB Bites
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:02 am

Old times are good times

HB Bites

Get well soon :towel:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:50 am

Belated Birthday greetings and Get Well wishes Russ. I'm sure you're looking forward to getting out and enjoying some of that Okanagan sunshine and golf time.

Not to hijack the thread, but I can't resist after the dual posting above. Reading JB's posts reminds me of why I tune out John Tesh's "Intelligence for Your Life" . :lol:
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby BossRadio » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:43 am

Hey there Russ! So sorry I missed your birthday,so happy birthday and happy birthday! ( Just c.m.a. for next year!) ;-)
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Next

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca