curious if this happens in canada - selling a job

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

curious if this happens in canada - selling a job

Postby radio knob » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Just another MAGA nut - the extreme kind - goes on a racist rant in public but records it herself which was unique. The internet of course gave all of her information to trash her. Story said she was a radio host - interesting. So she was really off her meds i guess or maybe it was a planned going down in flames exit, cheap way to get national name recognition. Turns out this was an AM station that converted to all private talk. Hosts just buy their own airtime and try to sell ad time to become a sole operator business. Contract must have had an out for the station owner, so she ended up getting canned after all. Could a station in Canada convert to something like this - licensing issues aside? I know some stations will sell 3am time for a taped show . This is obviously a business model to revive a dead station.

WSMN 1590 New Hampshire
radio knob
Advanced Member

Re: curious if this happens in canada - selling a job

Postby bigbry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm

This does sound like an interesting idea. As long as the person that was buying time was schooled the the ways of the Grand CRTC Poo-Bah it might work. I'm really a nobody here but I'd like to hear from the pro's that are sipping a nice glass of chianti ... ha ha
Bry
bigbry
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News