CKNW morning show

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

CKNW morning show

Postby radioman » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:47 am

It's been four weeks since Jon McComb retired and CKNW still hasn't got a permanent host for the morning show. The website still advertises the Jon McComb Show from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and still shows Jon as one of the CKNW People. What's with that? Simi Sara and others continue to "sit in" on what they are now calling CKNW Mornings. Is there nobody in Canadian radio anywhere who wants a morning gig at CKNW?
radioman
Advanced Member

Re: CKNW morning show

Postby Heard It On The X » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:12 pm

That morning gig is a big bag of groceries. They’re not just going to hand it to anybody. Management is right to be careful with this hire.
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:59 pm

Maybe they'll simulcast Willie.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby WheresFredTaylor » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:02 am

Heard It On The X wrote:That morning gig is a big bag of groceries. They’re not just going to hand it to anybody. Management is right to be careful with this hire.

100 percent they are right to be careful. But you run the risk of people forgetting about the premier name in the morning if you take to long replacing him. Management should've been bulletin boarding names in the event of a (not out of left field) retirement.

Not having your new host in the chair on January 6 I think is a misstep.

Look at CHED, Bowie retired and yes there was a dead period in August but they still had their premier names in place for the start of a key listening period.

Don't @ me, I know they started after Labour Day but that last week of August (start of a ratings book) is still a throw away week for listeners.
WheresFredTaylor
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News