Numeris is calling

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Numeris is calling

Postby paterson » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 am

Certainly have been hearing a few radio ads for Numeris in the Kitchener/Guelph/Hamilton Ontario markets over the past few days. Ads are encouraging people to talk to the people at Numeris when they call. For all of it's frustrations and annoyances for the homeowner, telesales is a very hard job and this is a good way for Numeris to promote the fact that they will be calling in the next few days and weeks. The ads explain why they are calling and encourage people to take part in the upcoming survey.

Has anyone else caught any of the ads in other markets? I wonder how many are paid or are most freebies to help for a better survey response in medium and smaller markets.

I completed a television survey a few years back and it was very time consuming if you completed the diary accurately. Also a lot of general consumer questions which indicated to me that they were piggy backing the TV diary with product and consumer information surveys as well.

The radio survey shouldn't be as arduous since people tend to watch many more television stations/networks/specialty channels/PVR etc. from various sources in a week than radio. I bet there are still many people who only listen to a handful of different stations over the week.
paterson
Advanced Member

Re: Numeris is calling

Postby groundwave » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:05 am

I've been infrequently spotting what's likely the ad you describe here in Edmonton on Pattison-owned UP! 99.3. Not to infer it isn't airing on other local stations, CIUP just happens to be the only station I caught it on.
groundwave
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 pm

paterson wrote:I wonder how many are paid or are most freebies to help for a better survey response in medium and smaller markets.

"Contra" (trade ads for the Numeris fee)?
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby DirkSteele » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:53 am

slowhand wrote:
paterson wrote:I wonder how many are paid or are most freebies to help for a better survey response in medium and smaller markets.

"Contra" (trade ads for the Numeris fee)?

Spot was put together by Radio Connects (the 'new' Radio Marketing Bureau for those familiar with the old). The option is for Radio Connects member stations to run it for free.

Stands to reason since Numeris is a "membership" funded by broadcasters that broadcasters are ok with airtime support.
DirkSteele
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News