Cee Bee Cee

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Cee Bee Cee

Postby mccrady » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:30 am

In case you hadn't noticed . . . the muthercorp, after cutting local TV News ops to the bone to the point where their local shows are a joke, has decided to go on a hiring spree.

Check it out: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.4841057

I presume it's the same story in the other "regions"

If you're looking ... they pay well. However, they are in contract talks with the media guilod, so you may get there just in time to pick up a picket sign :neutral:
mccrady
Advanced Member

Re: Cee Bee Cee

Postby slowhand » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:45 am

I think all the job descriptions state a requirement for a University degree. Even legendary UBC radio guys like the late Dave McCormick would not have qualified as they quit before they got their degree. Usual case of getting so involved in the radio station that they forgot about going to class.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Re: Cee Bee Cee

Postby mccrady » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:40 pm

.. and I would be one of those people. Never saw the inside of a university (except as a reporter). First radio job was right out of high school. Got picked up at the corp because a guy I had worked with elsewhere put in a good word and they liked the audition.

Wouldn't happen now, methinks. But in those days there were still a few people around who understood that without the on-air performance anything else you do is a waste of time and money.
mccrady
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News