Anyone Have Information on Seacoast Sound?

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Re: Anyone Have Information on Seacoast Sound?

Postby Meiklemonster » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm

I was a writer/producer/instrumentalist/singer at Seacoast Sound for many years. Eventually became Production Manager then Director of Operations. Next to performing in a variety of bands, these were some of the most productive, musically satisfying, and fun years of my life. To this day I still work regularly both live and in the studio with some of the former company principals (Dale Baglo - former Creative Director and Morry Stearns - former Musical Director) on a regular basis, here in Victoria, BC. In Seacoast’s heyday, we grossed millions of dollars annually and placed jingles, soundtracks, and original songs all over the world (Canada, the USA, Great Britain, Japan, and New Zealand, to name a few). I’ll do my best to answer any questions. Cheers, -Duncan (Meiklejohn)
Meiklemonster

Postby devans » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:28 am

Do you have any demo's with original jingles for any of the big advertisers during 80's or 90's that you could share?

Cheers.
devans
Advanced Member

Postby Meiklemonster » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:02 pm

I have many hundreds of individual pieces. What might you like to hear... jingles, soundtracks, etc?
Meiklemonster

Postby devans » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:33 pm

Meiklemonster wrote:I have many hundreds of individual pieces. What might you like to hear... jingles, soundtracks, etc?

Would love to hear jingles.

Do you have anything in the way of old classic C-FAX 1070 jingles? One in particular was used for Barry Bowman and it went "wakey wakey" was used for many years.
devans
Advanced Member

Postby paterson » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Hello Duncan. I was the originator of this post back in September 2018. When in radio sales, the company that I worked for always recommended Seacoast jingles to accounts when they were inquiring about getting a jingle for their store or company. We had a lot of your jingles on our stations CKNX AM and FM in Ontario.

I would love to hear any demo tapes that you had for chain stores, malls etc. I had a demo tape years ago but can't seem to find it anywhere. Did Seacoast do jingles for radio station call letters?

It is a shame that CHUM folded down the operation after they purchased the company. To this day I still think that Seacoast was the best in it's era. I was always so glad when our radio competitor was pumping jingles from Texas and I was able to put on Seacoasts demo tape for a client that was far superior. And they were surprised to find out it was a Canadian company too, and price wise very reasonable!

You must be very proud of the work that you and your colleagues produced at Seacoast. I know your jingles certainly helped our station and our customers sound so much better on the radio!
paterson
Advanced Member

Postby gowave » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:17 pm

I remember Seacoast Sound in Victoria. At the time I was living in Grande Prairie, Alberta. There was a fellow there who worked for Seacoast Sound and if I remember correct - did a few jingles for local businesses in GP. One I believe was Audio Concepts, Grande Prairie. I called this fellow a few times looking for jingles.... I eventually had a bit of business in Vic so flew out from time to time and included a visit with him. I arranged to meet with him to discuss a jingle package... this would be 25 years ago. Gosh I forget his name but I remember we were at a park setting and someone stomped on their cigarette into the ground, and he said "Yep, the world is your ashtray!" and I thought "Wow these west coast folks think a little differently that northerners!
I believe I did a bit of business with this company, I have very positive memories about it.
I worked in radio at CKX Brandon, CKST/CHMG St. Albert, CFGP Grande Prairie, CJVR Melfort, CJWW Saskatoon (twice!). I reside in Vic now, ironiclly enough!
gowave

Previous

Return to General Radio News