Canadians Talk: Corus Live Nationally

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Re: Canadians Talk: Corus Live Nationally

Postby PMC » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:48 pm

pave wrote:Besides having The Ministry of Truth to deal(?) with national issues - whatever they may be -

Are you referencing this http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/7051/125/

pave wrote:My concern is about finding an interested audience - all at the same time.

About six months ago, I watched a tv bit where an Ontario police officer was telling the audience that he was not pleased with some new rule that was being proposed to allow american police officers their full range of powers in Canada without any oversight. I found the story to be interesting, and it seems to have disappeared... perhaps it received continued coverage in Toronto, or it really did disappear. I am curious of what the outcome is. There are other stories that get coverage that don't have evil roots etc... the fellow in Saskatchewan that invented his own 3D printer based on pure need, being a good example. Sharing material content with an intent to inform rather than dictate seems good to me. I believe the programming content in a national show and people that understand that, can and would do well in a talk format that is not totally driven by one person that has a personal agenda etc. One only needs to look at some flame outs in american radio to understand that BS doesn't work any more, because lies can be confirmed in 30 seconds via cell phone or a tweet :lol:

pave wrote:Here is what I think is more important - the ol' "Live & Local" aspect of local radio for local audiences.

Newspapers have been the historians, and the industry can't seem to understand or compete with the technology. If they disappear and broadcast outlets go along with it, there will be a void of history that has not been seen. Your local radio station is dependent on its hard disk backups for their news coverage history, and from what I have seen, none of which can be searched either... pause for thought etc.
PMC

Previous

Return to General Radio News