CORUS INTRODUCES EXCITING NEW RADIO LINEUP ACROSS CANADA

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Postby radiofan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:06 pm

December 4, 2023
For Immediate Release

December 4, 2023 – Corus Radio is pleased to announce that it's show schedule will see some exciting new changes on weekdays, weeknights, and weekends across Canadian time zones.

Beginning today, the following radio shows and podcasts will join the program lineup:

Let’s Talk with Dani Stover – a ‘best of’ show that dives deep into the major news stories of the day across Canada. The show will join the on-air lineup on 980 CKNW, 630 CHED, QR Calgary, 680 CJOB every day from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. PST/ 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. MST/ 12 a.m. to 3 a.m. CST

The Ongoing History of New Music – hosted by Alan Cross, is Canada’s most well-known music documentary and podcast, exploring amazing stories from across the music universe. The show will now air every day on 980 CKNW, 630 CHED, QR Calgary, and 680 CJOB from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. PST/ 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. MST/ 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. CST, and 640 Toronto, 900 CHML, and 980 CFPL from 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. ET.*

Uncharted: Crime and Mayhem in the Music Industry – hosted by Alan Cross, is where crime and music meet, taking listeners inside some of the most infamous cases in the music industry from murder, to thieving managers, vicious court battles, cults, the mob and some of the most badly behaving artists ever in history. Listeners can tune in every day on 980 CKNW, 630 CHED, QR Calgary, 680 CJOB from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. PST/ 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. MST/ 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. CST and 640 Toronto, 900 CHML, 980 CFPL from 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. ET.*
“This new line-up solidifies our commitment to bringing the very best in talk content to our listeners,” said Mike Bendixen, National Director, Talk Radio. “I am excited to introduce Let’s Talk with Dani Stover to new audiences across Canada and of course, Alan Cross is a legendary storyteller who’s show will continue to captivate listeners.”

These changes will be reflected this week and are sure to attract audiences all over – from the music lover, history buff, or news junkie.

“We are thrilled that the chart-topping Ongoing History of New Music Podcast and Alan Cross’ latest podcast “Uncharted: Crime and Mayhem in the Music Industry” will now be heard across the country on Corus Radio’s news talk stations so Canadians can discover how great both of these shows really are,” said Director, Streaming & Podcasting, Chris ‘Dunner’ Duncombe.

*Both The Ongoing History of New Music and Uncharted: Crime and Mayhem in the Music Industry will air during the 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. PST/ 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. MST/ 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. CST and 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. ET timeslot.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: CORUS INTRODUCES EXCITING NEW RADIO LINEUP ACROSS CANADA

Postby freqfreak2 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:15 am

radiofan wrote:*Both The Ongoing History of New Music and Uncharted: Crime and Mayhem in the Music Industry will air during the 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. PST/ 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. MST/ 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. CST and 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. ET timeslot.

This confuses the heck out of me and I've seen this repeated in every version of this release.

Do these shows air at the same time overtop of each other? Are they both a half-hour long? Do they alternate? Is one Monday to Friday and the other on weekends? What gives? Sheesh!
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby talker2002@gmail.com » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:21 pm

When your operation works like your PR releases...
talker2002@gmail.com
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:08 pm

freqfreak2 wrote:
radiofan wrote:*Both The Ongoing History of New Music and Uncharted: Crime and Mayhem in the Music Industry will air during the 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. PST/ 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. MST/ 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. CST and 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. ET timeslot.

This confuses the heck out of me and I've seen this repeated in every version of this release.

Do these shows air at the same time overtop of each other? Are they both a half-hour long? Do they alternate? Is one Monday to Friday and the other on weekends? What gives? Sheesh!

Both of these shows are 20-40 minutes long, but Uncharted began in October and a new episode is released every two weeks, while History dates back to 1993.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:21 pm

Thanks Jon.

I've now deleted my 2:00 am alarm clock wake up call due to mystery being solved.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby DonovanTildesley » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:59 am

I have no idea what running something like this would cost, but "The Other Side of Midnight" with Frank Morano, produced out of 77/WABC NYC and syndicated in at least a half-dozen US markets would be a much better replacement for "The Shift" than what they currently are running. One of the best talk shows I've heard in recent years, covering everything from politics to UFOs, with a host who knows how to conduct a compelling interview. No doubt running something like this would cost more than their current offering. :(
DonovanTildesley
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:28 pm

Although not mentioned in the Corus Press Release, for obvious reasons, CHNL-610 Kamloops is also running this replacement programming for The Shift, which CHNL also carried.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Peteradio » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:25 am

Frank Morano too liberal for me. I much prefer Curtis Slewa on weekends. Overall, WABC NY is a go to station often for me.
Peteradio
Advanced Member

Postby talker2002@gmail.com » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:34 pm

OMG!
Remember when broadcasters, especially on-air talent, used to get upset when stations used their already-signed talent to do voice tracks for other dayparts so they wouldn't need to hire additional voices for those same time periods?
Owners/Managers got carried away with that idea and now talent worries about A-I.
The more things change the more they stay the same.
talker2002@gmail.com
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News