Abbotsford Radio Station misses the mark

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Re: Abbotsford Radio Station misses the mark

Postby Aaron » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:50 pm

the-real-deal wrote:
Funny, but I don't recall any corporate CRTC licence holder, such as Rogers, getting their licence pulled over non compliance of spoken word. Have you ?

Mostly because it's not there in the first place in the way you're thinking. They are most certainly in compliance.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Re: Abbotsford Radio Station misses the mark

Postby don'tpanic » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:42 pm

Per my earlier post, I intend to call on the Heritage Committee to study this issue and recommend changes to the Broadcast Act that allow broadcasters to more easily draw additional resources into the mix. We also have to review the resiliency of small market outlets. I questioned Dan Albas on this in the House during last Wednesday night's emergency debate. Turns out the staff at the Merritt stations were ordered out...but were there not provisions to network with stations and resources in Kamloops? Similarly the big Corporate players in Vancouver could have done a lot more to support their outlets in the Valley. I'll pose these as questions and then push for the parliamentary standing committee to take the issue on, with witnesses and experts. Out of that should come a report to parliament with recommendations.
don'tpanic

Previous

Return to General Radio News